Oil and Oil stocks

This is a discussion on Oil and Oil stocks within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; Hi Mike, back again after a long time ))) Trading WTI again. Looks like it was overbought on thursday after ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:26pm   #50
Joined Oct 2008
Re: Oil and Oil stocks

Hi Mike, back again after a long time )))
Trading WTI again.

Looks like it was overbought on thursday after the pipeline fire news and should be retracing in the short term.
ttabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:15pm   #51

Joined Jan 2011

TradeTheEasyWay started this thread Why so long away?

The US$ has broken out and so we've seen commodities and equities pull back.

On the oil monthly chart here you can see how oil responded to bullish markets and geopolitical changes. Once we retrace to somewhere around the 100/103 level I think we will start the next leg up.

That could have serious consequences for the global recovery if I'm right. The grains look like they could trade in a similar way and at times oil has traded up in spite of the strong us$ so it's going to be an interesting summer once we get the reporting season out of the way.

I will be waiting for opportunities to trade some of the UK and US stocks as well.

I have a good shortlist and so I'll post a few up here for you Gys to comment on and add your list as well.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
oil-monthly.jpg  
TradeTheEasyWay is online now Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:32pm   #52
Joined Oct 2008

Has been bumpy couple of days with very predictable action in European and US sessions...
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:33pm   #53
Joined Oct 2008

I an thinking of coding a trader in MT4 to open positions at certain level at certain times of the day.

Any experience with automated trading??
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:57am   #54

Joined Jan 2011

TradeTheEasyWay started this thread #oil dips getting bought so I watch for these to get positioned 2012-03-20_0850 - MikeHamilton's library

Mike
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:38pm   #55

Joined Jan 2011

TradeTheEasyWay started this thread traded oil in tick chart and 5 minute charts, here is my exit after taking oil at 107 into the pit close

oil 60 2012-03-21_1916 - MikeHamilton's library

Mike
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:50pm   #56
Joined Oct 2008

Nice moves this week.
Had to go away on Friday and set the TakeProfit at around 107.90 up from 105.99.
Friday just repeated itself.