Oil and Oil stocks

This is a discussion on Oil and Oil stocks within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; Well done, we are struggling with 107 today, took a couple of samll moves then left it, very low volume. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:09pm   #57

Joined Jan 2011
Re: Oil and Oil stocks

TradeTheEasyWay started this thread Well done, we are struggling with 107 today, took a couple of samll moves then left it, very low volume. Dow Futures broke out well from the open so surprised oil didn't follow through so far, let's see how the pit close trades.

Mike
TradeTheEasyWay is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:14pm   #58
Joined Oct 2008

Done for today as well. Yesterday was the lowest volume for this year. Everyonne is waiting for any decent news to show the direction.
expecting a spike to around 107.80 before and after the release of the news on increased inventories go down to 106.something.

Lets see how good i am at predicting. So i will put a sell around 107.50 with take profit at 106.80.
ttabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:12pm   #59
Joined Oct 2008

Ay carrumba!

They havent drove the price up to the levels I expected. So I missed the move down.
Instead I think it is oversold now so I bought some at 105.25 expecting it to go up.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:04pm   #60

Joined Jan 2011

TradeTheEasyWay started this thread We saw oil move into teh daily 8 ema today and hold, volume still not great these days. I find the 5 minute charts are better than tick charts at the moment.

If the Dow holds up then I think we can move back to 105. Oil stocks are weak so I'm flat on oil stocks but will look for signs of life at the lows.

Mike
Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:23pm   #61
Joined Oct 2008

Impressive recovery, but will it continue or go back to below 80???
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:20pm   #62

Joined Jan 2011

TradeTheEasyWay started this thread Looking for a pull back to 90 but would love to buy 8950 is we see it.

Not much data on Monday except Benancke is speaking at the pit open time.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:37pm   #63

Joined Jan 2011

TradeTheEasyWay started this thread I've been watching LON:XEL - still not doing yet but Arg: Argos moved well on Friday.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:05am   #64

Joined Jan 2011

TradeTheEasyWay started this thread I think oil is vulnerable up here, volumes are low. We have US jobs on Friday so we may hover until we get to that. I'm not trading it here unless the dow looks like it can break up.

Mike