Source(s) for historical economic data

This is a discussion on Source(s) for historical economic data within the Data Feeds forums, part of the Methods category; Hi All, I'm looking for sources of historical economic data - primarily BoE interest rates, UK inflation (RPI, CPI), US ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 28, 2010, 1:45pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Source(s) for historical economic data

Hi All,

I'm looking for sources of historical economic data - primarily BoE interest rates, UK inflation (RPI, CPI), US non-farm payrolls, Fed rates and US inflation (CPI).

As well as the actual numbers, I'm also looking for the expected numbers.

Thanks

Don
dondiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:26pm   #2

Joined Feb 2009
Re: Source(s) for historical economic data

The historical data you're looking for is available directly from the organizations that publish it, i.e. the Bank of England, the ONS, the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Fed. Expected numbers, on the other hand, is a totally different matter. Apart from Bloomberg and Reuters, I don't know of any organizations that compile ecoomic forecasts.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:40pm   #3

Joined Dec 2009
Re: Source(s) for historical economic data

The St Louis Fed Economic Research Site.
Best single place to look for US economic data.

...reclining in a comfortable chair with the dreamy, far-away look a volcano might wear just after it had desolated entire villages.
- Saki
Benton D Struckcheon is offline   Reply With Quote