Interactive Brokers (IB) Rubbish FTSE100 Data Feed

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers (IB) Rubbish FTSE100 Data Feed within the Data Feeds forums, part of the Methods category; Z index FTSE100 Does anybody else have problems with IB's real-time FTSE100 feed Z ? For about a month now, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:58am   #1
Joined Jan 2001
Interactive Brokers (IB) Rubbish FTSE100 Data Feed

Z index FTSE100
Does anybody else have problems with IB's real-time FTSE100 feed Z ?

For about a month now, this real time feed has been rubbish.
It doesn't appear at all in a TWS window which shows a "Close" all day long and doesn't agree with numbers from elsewhere.
The historic data (Z - 1 min) pumps put some data on connection but doesn't tick at all for hours.

I've used this primary underlying data as the senior UK index for years and it has been solid.
They have been told but no fix after 2 weeks. I'm rather rattled.

Am I missing a trick here?
animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:54am   #2
Joined Jul 2010
Are you having problems getting prices for the ftse future from Liffe/ICE Europe or the ftse index?
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:37pm   #3
Joined Jan 2001
- they should follow mytrack.com

animal started this thread Hi
No only the cash - have used it for years but it seems IB can't afford to pay what
Ftse International want to charge. See this info
https://ibkr.info//article/3243

I'd be interested to know precisely which day they switched it off and can't think why they didn't just switch it off completely instead of allowing a meaningless stream.
They ought to run a synthetic stream which they calculate from LSE prices and constituents like mytrack.com does (ticker UKX).

Data from ICEEU (Liffe) is fine - again a lot more expensive than it used to be under Liffe.
Anyone would think they want to get rid of all the small players and create a cosy club.
animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:11pm   #4
ed
Joined Dec 2000
animal... not only IB but Prorealtime have stopped FTSE100 eod because of cost. One has to wonder what is it with these data providers that turns off the normal guy in the street?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:12am   #5
Joined Jul 2010
Www.tradingview.com have ukx and ftse which is simulated ftse 100.
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote