ADVFN UK - be aware!

This is a discussion on ADVFN UK - be aware! within the Data Feeds forums, part of the Methods category; Hi everyone, I'm quite annoyed with ADVFN. I went for the 30 day free trial, which I forgot to cancel. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 21, 2005, 10:47am   #1

Joined Nov 2004
ADVFN UK - be aware!

Hi everyone,

I'm quite annoyed with ADVFN. I went for the 30 day free trial, which I forgot to cancel. Anyway, I decided that I was going to stay with them longer, but I wanted to know how to unsubscribe because I couldn't find the information throughout the website. I sent an e-mail asking how to cancel my subscriptionand this is the reply I received:

Thank you for contacting ADVFN Support

To cancel your ADVFN account you need to send your written consent via the postal system. ADVFN do require 30 days notice on all cancellations or downgrades. Please include your Username as part of this letter and address it as follows.

ADVFN PLC
Subs Dept
26 Throgmorton St
London
EC2N 2AN

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards

Support Team
ADVFN Plc

I think this is ridiculous. Now I definitely decided to unsubscribe. I think this kind of business policy is awful. They've just lost a possible yearly subscription because they are greedy to get a free month when you decide to leave.

Good luck with your trading,

A quite angry Silvia.
silviaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:26am   #2

Joined Aug 2003
agree thats pretty stupid.

The markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent. - J.M. Keynes.
jklondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:59am   #3

Joined Jan 2001
Quote:
To cancel your ADVFN account you need to send your written consent via the postal system. ADVFN do require 30 days notice on all cancellations or downgrades. Please include your Username as part of this letter and address it as follows.
This has been going on for years! I had several threads about the problem.. they kept being locked!
Some people had extreme difficulty getting their subscription cancelled.
I used to have L2 with them, I eventually got it with my CFD provider so no longer needed it, I then downgraded my account even further and no longer subscribed to the PBB because I was so annoyed with their behaviour about the unsubscribe policy.
I thought they may have changed after all these years, but it seems not!
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:54am   #4
Joined Apr 2002
'losing' your credit card is a very effective way of cancelling an ADVFN subscription.

worked for me :-)

Neil
robber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:56am   #5

Joined Jan 2001
Is that still needed.. oh dear
Old Mar 23, 2005, 3:47pm   #6

Joined Mar 2005
If you read the T's and C's it states the procedure as does the intro email they send you AFAIR. I went through the same thing and had to bite the bullet of a month's outlay. I went to the free service and then upgraded again as my needs changed.

I agree the system is not a good one and needs updating but........

I know you are pissed off at the situation but you would have known about it had you RTM'ed.

Pete
FTSE in mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 5:58pm   #7

Joined Nov 2004
silviaic started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by robber
'losing' your credit card is a very effective way of cancelling an ADVFN subscription.

worked for me :-)

Neil
That's a good one
It still doesn't work very well for me, as I have my credit card and bank accounts in another country, and I have to pay the reposition of the credit card. With all the hassle it ends up costing me about the same...Anyway, I sent the letter, let's see how long it takes them to receive it!
Silvia.
silviaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 8:19pm   #8

Joined Jan 2001
Did you send it recorded delivery? If you have problems then that might be an idea.. letters can get 'lost'.