IB Login

This is a discussion on IB Login within the Data Feeds forums, part of the Methods category; Hi everybody, I can't log in to IB this morning. Keep getting a pop up screen saying "LOG IN ..in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:44am   #1

Joined Jun 2004
IB Login

Hi everybody,

I can't log in to IB this morning. Keep getting a pop up screen saying "LOG IN ..in progress" but nothing happens!

Anybody else seeing the same thing or have seen it B4?

Can't get any response from IB support either

Thanks
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 11:18am   #2

Joined Nov 2000
IB shuts down at the weekend, because the markets are closed. So you cannot log into TWS but you can access your account details via the website. There's no point in logging into TWS because the markets are closed. And as it's the weekend and the markets are closed, IB support will be closed too!

You'll find that when the markets open again you will be able to log in. Around 8pm-ish UK time on Sunday evening is when they're open for business again - from memory! So try from about 6pm onwards in case I've got it wrong.
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 11:24am   #3

Joined Jun 2004
smiley started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimbleshanks
IB shuts down at the weekend, because the markets are closed. So you cannot log into TWS but you can access your account details via the website. There's no point in logging into TWS because the markets are closed. And as it's the weekend and the markets are closed, IB support will be closed too!

You'll find that when the markets open again you will be able to log in. Around 8pm-ish UK time on Sunday evening is when they're open for business again - from memory! So try from about 6pm onwards in case I've got it wrong.

Thanks, just joined them yesterday so wasn't sure if I'd done something wrong!
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 11:58am   #4

Joined Nov 2000
Don't worry - a lot of people think that the weekend is the ideal time to 'play' with it before the market opens, and then get puzzled by not being able to log on.

If you've not done it already, why not play on the demo this weekend?
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/ph...b_entity=IB-UK

You can mess around with all the settings, colours, layouts, and so on, and you can get yourself familiar with pressing the trade buttons, etc, so that when the live TWS comes online on Sunday evening, you're ready to go.
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 1:51pm   #5
boy

Joined Sep 2002
I think the weekends are for system maintainance.