Daily Quantitative Trading Ideas And Analysis

This is a discussion on Daily Quantitative Trading Ideas And Analysis within the Daily Analysis forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by cbrads I don't know, why don't you tell us where you are long or short from and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:56pm   #17
Joined Apr 2018
AndersenBands started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
I don't know, why don't you tell us where you are long or short from and where your stop and targets are.
Thanks for the question. However, the purpose of the chart is to share a setup as an "actionable trade" idea, not to journal or boast about my trading (which nobody cares about and isn't useful). Hope that helps.

Good trades to you!
AndersenBands is offline Trading Strategy Services   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:19pm   #18

Joined Mar 2014
So you're saying the price is in a range and it could go up or down.
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:45pm   #19
Joined Apr 2018
Quote:
So you're saying the price is in a range and it could go up or down.
Saying "...converge leading to an imminent price breakout"
Breakouts are excellent R/R actionable trades.

Cheers!
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:47pm   #20
Joined Apr 2018
AndersenBands started this thread Weekly Forex Quantitative Trading Ideas And Analysis - 16 April 2018

Highlights from the weekly Forex ATI dashboard report going into Monday, 16 April-

Weekly price range compression for $AUD/CAD, $NZDCAD, and $USDJPY reached significant levels and are likely to rebound.

$AUDUSD developed a weekly pivot reversal to the upside.

The weekly pivot ranges are very low for the following pairs which are likely to lead to significant price movement and increased volatility- $EURUSD, $GBPCAD, $AUDCAD, and $USDJPY.

Additionally, a few of the interesting correlation relationships from the ATI report-

$EURAUD currently has a 30-day correlation of 93% with $GBPCAD, yet the 120-day correlation is only 50%.

$GBPAUD currently has a 30-day inverse correlation of -94% with $CADJPY yet the 120-day correlation is only -24%.

$USDJPY currently has a 30-day inverse correlation of -91% with $EURAUD yet the 120-day correlation is only -12%.

The 30-day correlation matrix from the weekly ATI report is included with this post for additional observation.

Have a great week!
Attached Thumbnails
weekly-30-day-correlation-fx-2018-04-15.jpg  
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:39pm   #21

Joined Mar 2014
...and I fail to see what is unique about Andersen Bands. Keltner Channels could easily be 'dialed in' to look almost exactly like them.

Last edited by cbrads; Apr 15, 2018 at 8:46pm.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:33pm   #22
Joined Apr 2018
Quote:
...and I fail to see what is unique about Andersen Bands. Keltner Channels could easily be 'dialed in' to look almost exactly like them.
Thank you for your interest. Please share how you are able to "dial in" Keltner Channels to almost look like them. I'm very interested because Andersen Bands are based on regression and standard error while Raschke's modern version of the now widely default version of Keltner Channels is based on a moving average with ATRs.

Or perhaps what you are seeing on the chart is exactly what I am pointing out - when regression, moving averages, standard deviation, ATR, and standard error all converge into a volatility squeeze, this identifies excellent points where volatility mean reversion is likely to begin occurring, in which case Andersen Bands will also track the price movement far better than a moving average.

I published this original idea for the bands in the Sept 1996 of Technical Analysis of Stocks & commodities as "Standard Error Bands". Check it out there or google for the website to learn more. Over the past couple of decades working with some of the largest institutions there have been a few refinements and discoveries to say the least. Hence, the refined version is Andersen Bands.

Cheers!
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:59pm   #23

Joined Mar 2014
Can't get enough data on $ALL to illustrate my point but if you post a chart of the DOW, for example, with your Andersen Bands on it, I'll 'dial in' some Keltner channels that will look almost exactly the same and prove that you are a snake oil salesman.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:50pm   #24
Joined Apr 2018
Quote:
Can't get enough data on $ALL to illustrate my point but if you post a chart of the DOW, for example, with your Andersen Bands on it, I'll 'dial in' some Keltner channels that will look almost exactly the same and prove that you are a snake oil salesman.
Keltner Channels, specifically Raschke's version has it's place. So does Boillinger. The purpose of this thread is not to debate the viability of one indicator vs another but rather to share how moving averages with ATR, and std dev converged into a squeeze at the same point with regression and std error.

Cheers!

Last edited by AndersenBands; Apr 16, 2018 at 12:04am.