DogeCoin

This is a discussion on DogeCoin within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; Absolutely brilliant! Dogecoin, a cryptocurrency that started as a parody, achieved a market value of over US$2 billion last week... ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:13pm   #1
 
DionysusToast's Avatar
Joined Dec 2009
DogeCoin

Absolutely brilliant!

Dogecoin, a cryptocurrency that started as a parody, achieved a market value of over US$2 billion last week...

http://www.ejinsight.com/20180116-cr...creator-warns/

__________________
The proof of the pudding is whether there is actually any pudding in the first place.
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:25am   #2
 
Dominic's Avatar
Joined Aug 2015
Yes, I agree, this cryptocurrency started just like some comedy or something, nothing more than that. After that it's worth some money, and now it's also at the top of cryptocurrency. It's called the change coin.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:04pm   #3
Joined Feb 2018
I'm really sure it will cost about 1$ in december 2018))
EddyJones is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:22am   #4
Joined Feb 2018
If you think about it - this method works.
Examples:
1. Guy ran for mayor simply because they needed another candidate to make the election happen. He didn`t spend a dime on advertising. And his whole election campaign and slogan was "Please, don`t vote for me." Sure enough - he won.
2. The pet rock craze. - Someone came up with the idea to package and sell smooth river rocks as pets. It took off.
3. Fidget spinners, anyone?
4. Cards against humanity's events and island - they got an excavator to dig a hole on live stream. As long as the donations kept comming in - it would keep digging. They also bought an island and let select members of their community visit it for free.
5. Did you know you can order an eggplant online and have it shipped to an address of your choice... with ETH!
6. The town that has a dog for mayor... and it got re-elected!

Goofy stuff, made purely for the sh*ts and giggles. It seems to work. So, why not?
I like the doggo. Much wow. Very doge. To the moon.
P.S - I should buy some DOGE... just in case.
bradley79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:25pm   #5
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
All those examples are great, but don't forget CFTC and SEC do not have a sense of humor and the government have unlimited resources to trough against $hitcoins...
If I am involved in any of those, I would start to shop for lawyers ASAP and reach out the the government looking for preemptive deal/written guarantee that whatever we agree to pay in fines will be enough and I will not be sued at a later date...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:40pm   #6
Joined Feb 2018
Luckily for me I live in the EU. So, the CFTC and SEC are not an issue. Have to wait and see what will the EU's commissions will come up with in terms of regulations. Also, what my current country of residence will do. However, until then - my crypto experience (trading) is more of an experiment and "fun test" rather than a way to earn a living.
bradley79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:43pm   #7
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley79 View Post
Luckily for me I live in the EU. So, the CFTC and SEC are not an issue. Have to wait and see what will the EU's commissions will come up with in terms of regulations. Also, what my current country of residence will do. However, until then - my crypto experience (trading) is more of an experiment and "fun test" rather than a way to earn a living.
Unfortunately it doen't work that way... US already subpoenaed all major exchanges across the world... EU commissions will be another problem on top on CFTC and SEC for them...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:31pm   #8
Joined Feb 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Unfortunately it doen't work that way... US already subpoenaed all major exchanges across the world... EU commissions will be another problem on top on CFTC and SEC for them...
Could you explain why would that be of concern to traders outside of the USA?
As long as I am not trading on a US based exchange and am paying my taxes on the trade profits, why should I care?
bradley79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:51pm   #9
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley79 View Post
Could you explain why would that be of concern to traders outside of the USA?
As long as I am not trading on a US based exchange and am paying my taxes on the trade profits, why should I care?
Because USA has a long arm and will close any exchange that they find manipulating prices and CFTC now is essentially regulating bitcoin as a commodity as per US federal judges. SEC also wants to regulate :-)

They will arrest and extradite people to the US... Many examples like the poor sod trading from his mom's bedroom in London and blamed for the flash crash.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ilty-in-us-to/

This is no joke and ignorance of the law is not a defense and being non US citizen is even worst in those cases, because the US constitution is not there to help you...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:27pm   #10
 
1 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
Absolutely brilliant!

Dogecoin, a cryptocurrency that started as a parody, achieved a market value of over US$2 billion last week...

http://www.ejinsight.com/20180116-cr...creator-warns/

much value 2billion ... wow ..
Sorry couldn't resist
willsmith121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:47pm   #11
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley79 View Post
Could you explain why would that be of concern to traders outside of the USA?
As long as I am not trading on a US based exchange and am paying my taxes on the trade profits, why should I care?
The concern is that the US government can shutdown any exchange around the world with no warnings and this will most likely result in all customers basically lose their money on that exchange...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:12pm   #12
Joined Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
The concern is that the US government can shutdown any exchange around the world with no warnings and this will most likely result in all customers basically lose their money on that exchange...
OK, so fill me in. Exactly how does the US shut down exchanges all over the world, out of their jurisdiction?

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:26pm   #13
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
OK, so fill me in. Exactly how does the US shut down exchanges all over the world, out of their jurisdiction?

Peter
Presty easy if they deem them to manipulate the markets and / or other illegal activities... recent example that comes to mind was Bitconnect in the UK, it was closed based on two state orders ( not even a federal judge) ...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:34pm   #14
Joined Feb 2015
Dogecoin is my market hype indicator. When this is at all time highs it's time to worry. I'm glad to see it near its previous lows.
remme001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:53am   #15
Joined Feb 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley79 View Post
If you think about it - this method works.
Examples:
1. Guy ran for mayor simply because they needed another candidate to make the election happen. He didn`t spend a dime on advertising. And his whole election campaign and slogan was "Please, don`t vote for me." Sure enough - he won.
2. The pet rock craze. - Someone came up with the idea to package and sell smooth river rocks as pets. It took off.
3. Fidget spinners, anyone?
4. Cards against humanity's events and island - they got an excavator to dig a hole on live stream. As long as the donations kept comming in - it would keep digging. They also bought an island and let select members of their community visit it for free.
5. Did you know you can order an eggplant online and have it shipped to an address of your choice... with ETH!
6. The town that has a dog for mayor... and it got re-elected!

Goofy stuff, made purely for the sh*ts and giggles. It seems to work. So, why not?
I like the doggo. Much wow. Very doge. To the moon.
P.S - I should buy some DOGE... just in case.
I guess it's nice idea. Soon we will see the progress. Doge have to cost at least 1$ in 2019
EddyJones is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)