Cryptocurrencies: Newbies Learning Zone

This is a discussion on Cryptocurrencies: Newbies Learning Zone within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by Quantt . . .but those are the questions a newbies need to ask. . . Hi Quantt, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:44am   #16
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
timsk started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
. . .but those are the questions a newbies need to ask.
. .
Hi Quantt,
If you're referring to the questions that you posed in your post #10 above, I agree they are very good and warrant serious consideration. However, they concern the merits and viability - or otherwise - of cryptos in general and blockchain technology in particular. Surely, before one can provide satisfactory answers one must first have a reasonable grasp of what a blockchain is? That's the purpose of this thread. To attempt to address your points without first having a good handle on crypto basics is to put the cart before the horse IMO.
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:56am   #17
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
timsk started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Reed View Post
Best answer I can find online. . .
Hi Oscar,
Thanks for your answer to the question posed. It probably makes perfect sense for most T2W members of average intelligence or better. But for ultra dense thickos like me, it's pretty meaningless. I suspect it was written by a techie geek who surrounds him/herself with other techie geeks and is so used to that world and language that they forget there are (a few) people outside of it who find it alienating and impenetrable. All of which is my problem - not anyone else's!
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:00pm   #18
Joined May 2012
Simple Question:
I want to buy certain cryptocurrencies, not trade them against currencies or other cryptos. How do I go about this? Endless Brokers out there, too many to deal with as I'm not sure who is good or legitimate. Plus most I've seen when looking at their websites are either trading against other cryptocurrencies, (pairs), or small outfits who say they can buy for you. I'm keen to get into this but fearful of ending up dealing with con artists etc. Any advice would be appreciated...
FXMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:33pm   #19

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXMJ View Post
Simple Question:
I want to buy certain cryptocurrencies, not trade them against currencies or other cryptos. How do I go about this? Endless Brokers out there, too many to deal with as I'm not sure who is good or legitimate. Plus most I've seen when looking at their websites are either trading against other cryptocurrencies, (pairs), or small outfits who say they can buy for you. I'm keen to get into this but fearful of ending up dealing with con artists etc. Any advice would be appreciated...
The best advice I can think of is - Don't.
Paying cash for hot air promises...........barmy.
Excuse me saying but from your post you don't come across as one of those oily geeks that are in and out like lightning plus profit.

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:04pm   #20
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
The best advice I can think of is - Don't.
Paying cash for hot air promises...........barmy.
Excuse me saying but from your post you don't come across as one of those oily geeks that are in and out like lightning plus profit.
Hi and thanks for responding. I appreciate your response but have made up my mind as I have been monitoring for the last 6 months before venturing into this and have a specific sum to invest. So question still stands. And no I'm not one of those 'oily geeks' :-) Just putting an affordable amount into cryptos which I will hold onto long term.

I have looked at so many brokers etc that expect me to either trade USD against the crypto or they convert my cash into Bitcoin and then purchase. I simply want to buy the crypto using GBP and holding securely in a wallet.

Thanks
FXMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:40pm   #21
Joined Apr 2018
Quote:
Hi and thanks for responding. I appreciate your response but have made up my mind as I have been monitoring for the last 6 months before venturing into this and have a specific sum to invest. So question still stands. And no I'm not one of those 'oily geeks' :-) Just putting an affordable amount into cryptos which I will hold onto long term.

I have looked at so many brokers etc that expect me to either trade USD against the crypto or they convert my cash into Bitcoin and then purchase. I simply want to buy the crypto using GBP and holding securely in a wallet.

Thanks
Coinbase is probably the best known, and easiest way to get into Crypto.
Charty McChartface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:00pm   #22
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:

Thanks
its good to know you are not oily

im not 100% sure but i think the problem you are having is that the banks connected to the crypto companies you wish to deal with are not based in the UK so you'l usually have that extra conversion to deal with if you are a GBP guy

Last edited by Kaeso; Apr 29, 2018 at 7:13pm.
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 7:45am   #23

4 Posts
Joined May 2018
The great way to learn about yptos is to use crypto trading simulators. At the beginning I use them too, only after a while of training I could enter the real trading markets.
PINETREES is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:51am   #24

3 Posts
Joined Jun 2018
Useful thread, thanks guys. Reading lots of stuff on crypto these days!
darrin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:55am   #25
Joined Jul 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
It probably makes perfect sense for most T2W members of average intelligence or better. But for ultra dense thickos like me, it's pretty meaningless. I suspect it was written by a techie geek who surrounds him/herself with other techie geeks and is so used to that world and language that they forget there are (a few) people outside of it who find it alienating and impenetrable. All of which is my problem - not anyone else's!
Tim.
I'm new here and I'm coming FROM crypto to investing/trading. Perhaps we can help each other out as if you describe yourself as a 'thicko' as regards crypto, I can tell you that currently, I'm very much the thicko when it comes to investing/trading in the conventional sense!

What question do you have on crypto specifically...if you can narrow your question down a bit, I will take a stab at it.

(Disclaimer: I have a general interest in crypto and a general knowledge...but that knowledge only scratches the surface. That said, it seems that there is a deficit of knowledge re. crypto on this board so i may still be able to bring a certain degree of understanding on board).
borderfox100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:37pm   #26
Joined Jul 2018
Guys, great topic. It's wonderful that people may be not afraid to ask questions here. Because it’s a great way to learn new things. As experienced trader I can say that this thread is useful even for me and it’s a good sign.
bitges is offline   Reply With Quote