How to trade cryptos

This is a discussion on How to trade cryptos within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by Garvo I'm loss about juridical status of bitcoin in many countries. In my country the fintech law ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 16, 2017, 6:07pm   #33

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvo View Post
I'm loss about juridical status of bitcoin in many countries. In my country the fintech law is under discussion right now. At the moment aren't taxable the earns of cryptos in Mexico. But that dont apply in USA or EU a far I know.

You can see here a little bit, but the bes way to know about your country in specific is thru bitcointalk (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=74.0) or reddit.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tax_compliance
Many thanks
Me
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:15pm   #34

Joined Jun 2007
Garvo started this thread
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:22pm   #35

Joined Jun 2007
Garvo started this thread Bitconnect

Click the image to open in full size.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:37am   #36

Joined Jun 2007
Garvo started this thread Iím IN, on this very interesting project called FORTUNA.

FORTUNA:

The First Blockchain Platform for Global OTC Derivatives Market

The whole idea makes me dream a real open trade market between all us.

Please tell me your opinion:

https://www.fota.top/
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:15pm   #37
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvo View Post
Iím IN, on this very interesting project called FORTUNA.

FORTUNA:

The First Blockchain Platform for Global OTC Derivatives Market

The whole idea makes me dream a real open trade market between all us.

Please tell me your opinion:

https://www.fota.top/

How blockchain technology improves OTC trading. Existing solutions offered with brokers are good enough to maintain efficient environment for this.. But am I missing something?
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:48pm   #38

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
How blockchain technology improves OTC trading. Existing solutions offered with brokers are good enough to maintain efficient environment for this.. But am I missing something?
It does not, quite the opposite: this adds more complexity, points of failure, hacking vectors, etc...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:07pm   #39
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
It does not, quite the opposite: this adds more complexity, points of failure, hacking vectors, etc...
not to mention slow which is pointless
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:55pm   #40

Joined Jun 2007
Garvo started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
not to mention slow which is pointless

Ok, I expected criticism about the idea but more focused on how to carry out the project.

Let's say that I have 1000 stocks of SoftBank ($ SFTBF: OTC) and someone wants call options. I am in Interactive Brokers, so I contact IB to tell him that I want to offer a purchase option for my 1000 shares. Then they tell me to wait until they find a buyer -If they don't tell me not to **** because are just 50K USD and they only fix OTC above 1M-. To fix the whole thing, how much will they charge me? And how much are they going to charge whoever wants to call?

How about that I could set my option on a decentralized platform, adjust the premium and the characteristics to be negotiated to directly benefit the one who wants to call. Let's take that market to all OTC stocks that do not offer derivatives due to the economic and technical limitations imposed by the brokers. Warrants, options, futures.

I do not understand what complexity there is in that, instead I imagine a tremendous cost savings in addition to a direct deal.

Let's say that I, John Doe, want to take a short position in the mortgage market but I do not have 200 M USD, but 20K usd and we think it's 2006.

The possibilities seem endless forgetting about the prejudices about the blokchain technology.