How to trade cryptos

This is a discussion on How to trade cryptos within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by counter_violent That's how all none tec savvy oldies think including us, but the point is, the kids ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:41pm   #25
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
That's how all none tec savvy oldies think including us, but the point is, the kids don't think like this. I think that's why cryptos will take off.
2018 is going to be awesome I recon.

As to BOE and Fed, the more people that begin to realise that they are being shafted by fiats, then opinions might shift. We do after all live in a Trump Brexit world.
Hiya c_v,
Yeah, I do take your point and, indeed, agree with it broadly speaking. However, I think it'll take several generations - long after the likes of you and I are pushing up daisies - before cryptos are accepted as the norm in daily life.

I have to say that I would happily take a punt on Iota - by which I mean buy 'n hold - but am put off by the very restrictive and convoluted means of acquiring them.
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Quantt
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:04pm   #26
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Hiya c_v,
Yeah, I do take your point and, indeed, agree with it broadly speaking. However, I think it'll take several generations - long after the likes of you and I are pushing up daisies - before cryptos are accepted as the norm in daily life.

I have to say that I would happily take a punt on Iota - by which I mean buy 'n hold - but am put off by the very restrictive and convoluted means of acquiring them.
Tim.
Joking apart, why don't you buy some and start a thread documenting the process. T2W needs to embrace this new world. Sharky told me so, that's why we have a crypto forum now

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:24pm   #27
Joined Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Hiya c_v,

Tim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Joking apart, why don't you buy some and start a thread documenting the process. T2W needs to embrace this new world. Sharky told me so, that's why we have a crypto forum now
I have literally just given up on the idea of getting involved today because I can't find a broker I trust or one that's easy to set up and use. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a thread with a step-by-step to help out people looking to get involved.
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: counter_violent
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:39am   #28

Joined Jun 2007
Garvo started this thread http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bit...ing-2017-12-13 pretty nice analysis

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:18am   #29
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Stuff to be aware of and avoid.

http://www.badbitcoin.org/thebadlist/

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:56am   #30

Joined Jun 2007
Garvo started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
I have literally just given up on the idea of getting involved today because I can't find a broker I trust or one that's easy to set up and use. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a thread with a step-by-step to help out people looking to get involved.
How to open an account to move cryptos?

Disclaim: I'm not American citizen so I don't have to deal with all the bureaucracy they have.

1) First of all you need get cryptos from FIAT. There are several ways to do this.

a) Thru a broker (Coinbase, Bitfinex, Kraken, Bitstamp or Gatehub).

Pros:
You can buy large amounts of FIAT (you can deposit even millions) if your bank allows it.
Easy to withdraw to your FIAT account.
Good to do trading inside between larger cryptos -because is cheaper and faster.

*I truly recommend Lykke platform. Yo can deposit from your credit card, the KYC is easy and fast -not viable for US residents-. Indeed for US residents as far I know the best brokers are Coinbase and Bitstamp, if not the only ones to deposit FIAT.

* As far I'm from Mexico, I use Bitso as broker, so is really easy for me use FIAT to buy cryptos. But I don't trade in Bitso, I use Bitfinex. I used before -they were the only broker to trade Ripple a few years ago- Gatehub but their KYC is really a pain in the ass. But if you have all your papers is really fast and easy to use it.

Cons:
It can take several days to Tied your account to the levels of good withdrawal.
Ie:
Tie 1: only 1000 usd
Tie 2: from 1000 to 100 000
Tie 3: No limits
(This is from Iconomi)

You need a passport, some official ID and proof of residence.
The fees can be high, but not so high as Ameritrade or IB.

b) Thru localbitcoins https://localbitcoins.com

This is by far the most simple and fast way to buy small amounts of bitcoin.
Is easy to use, you don't have to identify yourself and is a decentralized trade center (the good old P2P system)

Pros:
No Id required.

Cons:
Only small amount of bitcoins
It can be a little bit more expensive the price of bitcoin here than in the exchange.

*So you buy your bitcoin in localbitcoin and then you can open an account in any broker up (Bitfinex, Coinbase, etc) If you make your deposit with cryptos is really fast and easy to open an account in any broker.

c) https://bisq.network

It's a P2P exchange to trade cryptos for FIAT and FIAT for cryptos.

Pros: it's decentralized and prices competitive

Cons: You have to download an app.

You can watch the places to buy and sell bitcoin depending your country in:

https://www.bitcoin.com/buy-bitcoin
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:18am   #31

Joined Mar 2004
You really know a lot about the cryptos.
Do you know about the tax situation in the US or UK ?
I guess if Trump has plenty then the cryptos should be a safe haven in the US.
Me
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:14pm   #32

Joined Jun 2007
Garvo started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
You really know a lot about the cryptos.
Do you know about the tax situation in the US or UK ?
I guess if Trump has plenty then the cryptos should be a safe haven in the US.
I'm loss about juridical status of bitcoin in many countries. In my country the fintech law is under discussion right now. At the moment aren't taxable the earns of cryptos in Mexico. But that dont apply in USA or EU a far I know.

You can see here a little bit, but the bes way to know about your country in specific is thru bitcointalk (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=74.0) or reddit.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tax_compliance