Fear of missing out

This is a discussion on Fear of missing out within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; still feel like your'e missing out? Bitcoin is down more than 20% from today's intraday high in a plunge below ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:23pm   #46
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
still feel like your'e missing out?

Bitcoin is down more than 20% from today's intraday high in a plunge below $9000 from as high as $11,434.

When do you see any other market drop 20% in a day, right when there is a major crisis. Not for bitcoin, it happens on its own. imagine if there was a genuine crisis!
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:32pm   #47

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
still feel like your'e missing out?

Bitcoin is down more than 20% from today's intraday high in a plunge below $9000 from as high as $11,434.

When do you see any other market drop 20% in a day, right when there is a major crisis. Not for bitcoin, it happens on its own. imagine if there was a genuine crisis!
Buy the dip! Just kidding, I wouldn't touch this with my worst enemy d-hm- pole :-)

I do agree 100% with you, in the next market crisis this will be amazing to watch, because people will need money and there will be a lot of selling, can't imagine the plunge we are going to see...

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:41pm   #48
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post

Which brokers offer Spreadbets on bitcoin? CMC donít have it

Edit: I see etx capital offer it, does anyone use etx and what are they like?
i used etx about 3 years ago they were fine. IG does it at min £1 pp i think

i have not traded it myself but it looks very sexy
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:41am   #49
Joined May 2012
Greed vs fear

Click the image to open in full size.

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:25pm   #50
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread I bet people see this as an opportunity to buy a dip. I don't think you can apply any fundamental or technical analysis to Bitcoin right now.
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:55am   #51
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
I bet people see this as an opportunity to buy a dip. I don't think you can apply any fundamental or technical analysis to Bitcoin right now.
20% here 20% there.......who cares, it's all relative
Bitcoin $15,000 next, then on to $20,000.
Crypto market cap still rising, so even though Bitcoin dropped a bit, overall we are still going up.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:25am   #52

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Crypto market cap still rising, so even though Bitcoin dropped a bit, overall we are still going up.
The futures will be a major downer for this...

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitco...s-its-appeal-1

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:39am   #53

Joined Jan 2006
Bubble bubble world of trouble

Bitcoin is entering the ďNew ParadigmĒ phase of a bubble. When Bitcoin started it was touted as a new currency, now itís a store of value better than gold according to the millennialís. Apparently some other crypto will be used as currency instead.

I heard about Bitcoin when it was worth less than $1 and yes I am kicking myself for not buying some at that price. Another bubble Iíve missed.

I thought nothing would trump the dotcom mania in my lifetime.

P.S: This is just more evidence of how much inflation the Central Bankers around the world have created. The crypto bubble, Art selling at record prices, Stock markets reaching record highs...If you arenít worried yet itís because you donít understand whatís going on.

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pat494
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:39pm   #54
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread
Quote:
My account goes down 20% and more all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
I heard about Bitcoin when it was worth less than $1 and yes I am kicking myself for not buying some at that price. Another bubble Iíve missed.
Out of curiosity, do you think you've missed the bubble due to not getting in before the average joe or do you think it's now too high to buy/going to pop?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:01pm   #55
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread I have had a go on a demo account with Bitcoin, the spreads are quite wide and for obvious reasons there's no option for a guaranteed stop which I don't like. I also notice it says their market for it closes for the weekend but actual Bitcoin doesn't? Take into account overnight financing and it seems holding long term is not efficient?

Would a futures market stabilize prices or allow mug punters to margin up and cause more volatility? As I said the other day I noticed that every different site I checked for Bitcoin prices was different, would a futures market mean that all these sites would follow the one price?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:54pm   #56
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
My account goes down 20% and more all the time

Out of curiosity, do you think you've missed the bubble due to not getting in before the average joe or do you think it's now too high to buy/going to pop?
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

All the naysayers have missed out again I see

Bubble talk and cryptos are just in their infancy. 15k here we come.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:05pm   #57
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Are you spread betting it?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:03am   #58
Joined May 2012
Quote:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

All the naysayers have missed out again I see

Bubble talk and cryptos are just in their infancy. 15k here we come.
What is your trade plan on bitcoin?

Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:17am   #59
Joined May 2012
Anger and confusion as crypto traders lose thousands in 'flash crash' on $US54 billion exchange
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/f...7-12?r=US&IR=T

A "flash crash" on the world's biggest cryptocurrency exchange has left customers demanding answers and refunds, with many claiming to have lost thousands of dollars.
The price of cryptocurrencies NEO, OMG, and ETP crashed as much as 90% in minutes on the Bitfinex exchange on Wednesday before quickly bouncing back to former levels.

Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:09am   #60

6 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Hi off topic, I am new here and obviously missing something simple>

How does one start a thread?

What time zone is the time of post?

Thanks in anticipation of a reply.

seak