Fear of missing out

This is a discussion on Fear of missing out within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by FXX where are all the dreamers shouting its not a bubble, this is a revolution, fiat is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:12pm   #496
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
where are all the dreamers shouting its not a bubble, this is a revolution, fiat is dead. have a big whiff of reality. it was always silly to assume governments would just sit idly by and allow a digital currency to undermine fiat money. added to this is the massive theft, taxation, and disclosure of identities. bitcrap is down 55% from the highs and its looking doubtful that people will just hop on board the dreamers train.

the quietness of the thread speaks volumes. be honest, how many of you are clenching onto losses now?
Not me, I milked some GBP from the crazy crypto cow then got the hell outta there. I don't really have a long term view on prices I just wanted to see if could have a quick drink from the udders.

Last edited by Kaeso; Feb 2, 2018 at 8:12am.
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:29am   #497

Joined Mar 2004
Losing half one's money on the cryptos must be a bitter blow.
It could go much lower though.

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:40am   #498

Joined Jan 2006
Bitcoiners bitliars

Quote:

the quietness of the thread speaks volumes. be honest, how many of you are clenching onto losses now?
There is this trade that counter_violent opened but hasn't updated. He either closed for a profit, or for a loss, or...or..or...whatever...who knows when dealing with a "trader" such as CV

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
My My, you have all been busy today

A lot of talking going on, most of it the usual standard of drivel, but we are where we are!

Onwards and upwards

For the hard of seeing, i've attached charts showing 6 levels of resistance broken after the drop. The drop that I told you about over a week ago.

Also attached is a screenshot of open positions. I'll not bother you with what this will return when target is hit. I'm sure you can all use a calculator

Depending on the unfolding action will determine how I manage the trade going forward. I might add, I might take away. I might close the lot early. At this juncture it's just too early to say.
Rest assured though, I will make money.

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:18pm   #499

Joined Jan 2006
Ding!

Bitcoin below $8000

To quote counter_violent's equally clueless sidekick, who doesn't know shɪt!

Ding!

But what about support!!
Ding!

Ah you fecking serious!?
Ding!

You F................
Ding Ding Ding!

Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:19pm   #500
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread This thread has been a great insight into people on here and not only that, me as well.

Have to admit the temptation to get involved is back at these prices! Ripple is now right back down and trx at 3c has got to be worth a punt.

CV - what happened with your trade? ETX sent me an alert saying $8000, no shame in admitting you were stopped out (majority of my trades are!) and I’d like to hear your thoughts on what’s next.
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:28pm   #501
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
This thread has been a great insight into people on here and not only that, me as well.

Have to admit the temptation to get involved is back at these prices! Ripple is now right back down and trx at 3c has got to be worth a punt.

CV - what happened with your trade? ETX sent me an alert saying $8000, no shame in admitting you were stopped out (majority of my trades are!) and I’d like to hear your thoughts on what’s next.
I closed out for minor profit.

I don't do losses m8, what I do is manage positions overall to a net profitable outcome. Markets go Two ways and the only thing I need to control is my positions on either side.

Newt would love me to publish a statement but he ain't getting One.

I'll send it you if you like

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:49pm   #502

Joined Jan 2006
Pure BS!

counter_violent was as bullish and giddy about bitcoin as every other clueless millenial on the planet. Now he tells us he closed out for a "minor" profit. LMFAO!

It's clear that counter_violent was educated at the same hindsight school of trading as Forexmospherian! LMFAO!

Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:51pm   #503
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Brewski.

Can you PM me your current e-mail?
Ta.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:56pm   #504

Joined Jan 2006
Confirmation means nothing

I don't give a flying fuсk if Brewski confirms a pissy profit you made on a toy bet. Your sentiment about bitcoin in this thread proves how utterly clueless you are. Damage control ain't gonna get you off the hook.

Boast at loud when long then use PM's for the result...what a load of absolute BS!

Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:12pm   #505

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Ripple token is not even based on blockchain tech, not used for anything besides speculation and likely worth exactly 0

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:18pm   #506
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Ripple token is not even based on blockchain tech, not used for anything besides speculation and likely worth exactly 0
Aren't all cryptos likely worth exactly 0 though?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:30pm   #507
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
That depends on your point of view. If your are a dreamer then it's not a bubble, will replace fiat, is the solution to every problem capitalism presents. If your a realist then it's one notch under pig 5h!T (you can at least sell pig 5h!T for fertiliser)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Quantt
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:49pm   #508

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Yes in my book, the only difference is some are blockchain based, others like ripple miota, etc are not... The other side of the coin (LOL) is that the blockchain technology is essentially a solution looking for a problem, so in the end both types of tokens are worth 0

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:51pm   #509
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread
Quote:
That depends on your point of view. If your are a dreamer then it's not a bubble, will replace fiat, is the solution to every problem capitalism presents. If your a realist then it's one notch under pig 5h!T (you can at least sell pig 5h!T for fertiliser)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I am neither.

I'm just a guy looking to make some money.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:23pm   #510
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
I am neither.

I'm just a guy looking to make some money.
And that's the way it should be buddy!

I dont trade oil because I have a car and there for, an affiliation with the product, I trade it because I think it will move in a direction, simple as that.

Focus on managing risk, then the instrument is irrelevant.

Obviously crypto risk is higher as it "could" go to 0 or as near as.

So allocate for that risk, and all is fine.

Personally I think today was a cycle low spike in the main cryptos, and I will be looking for a buy on any cheap down test Monday if it occurs. For no other reason than price appreciation, and the fact Im willing to take the risk, and I will use no leverage.

Been waiting 2 months. Maybe Tar will sell to me, or maybe he wants more downside? each to their own
wallstreetwarrior87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: brewski1984