Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery

This is a discussion on Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; Bitcoin which was $19,000+ a short time ago is now just over $11,300 per coin. Glad I resisted the urge....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:58am   #91

Joined Mar 2004
Bitcoin which was $19,000+ a short time ago is now just over $11,300 per coin.
Glad I resisted the urge.
Me
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:51am   #92
Joined May 2016
Nope canít find the amazing article I was looking for, it appears to have been washed into a million other articles all speculating about the greatness of blockchain and how it will change the world, oh well, next technology please, blockchain is officially old hat and is indeed, truly, currently a scam.
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:41pm   #93

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Bitcoin which was $19,000+ a short time ago is now just over $11,300 per coin.
Glad I resisted the urge.
This is my bold prediction:

The big whales holding most of the crypto tokens will have to cook something up to drive the price and the hype up again... they need a new blood to sell to...

So my prediction is a new high profile ICO will come into play soon, big company name with multi billion offer and the hope of the whales is that the rising tide will lift all others + they will give themselves large portion of the new ICO (20% anyone) for free to sell to the gullible...

Just watch...

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:41pm   #94
Joined Sep 2010
I've heard there's pump and dump groups operating out there... just look at Bitcoin Diamond the last few days.

I've read a few things about Tron/trx , that looks like it could be a promising punt. Links with Alibaba etc and only 6c right now
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:53pm   #95

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
I've heard there's pump and dump groups operating out there... just look at Bitcoin Diamond the last few days.

I've read a few things about Tron/trx , that looks like it could be a promising punt. Links with Alibaba etc and only 6c right now
I would advice you to read about The DAO - the biggest crypto venture fund at the time, the biggest crowdfunded campaign in history, decentralized, democratic, open sourced, stateless, hyped to the Nth degree... and why now we have two Ethereum tokens (Ethereum and Ethereum classic)...

Very interesting story...

And all this happened in ancient history - less then 2 years ago...

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:38pm   #96
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
This is my bold prediction:

The big whales holding most of the crypto tokens will have to cook something up to drive the price and the hype up again... they need a new blood to sell to...

So my prediction is a new high profile ICO will come into play soon, big company name with multi billion offer and the hope of the whales is that the rising tide will lift all others + they will give themselves large portion of the new ICO (20% anyone) for free to sell to the gullible...

Just watch...
I doubt it, all those poor saps that have invested on the way up and at the top of peak hype have just lost all their money, nothing left to invest and no doubt alot of them have been ruined, saddled with debts from the money they borrowed to invest, totally flushed.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:44pm   #97

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
I doubt it, all those poor saps that have invested on the way up and at the top of peak hype have just lost all their money, nothing left to invest and no doubt alot of them have been ruined, saddled with debts from the money they borrowed to invest, totally flushed.
Yep, agreed...

My prediction is only that there is going to an attempt to revive the interest with a new "monster" billion dollars ICO in the coming months, I am not predicting how successful or not it it going to be...

Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:51pm   #98
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Yep, agreed...

My prediction is only that there is going to an attempt to revive the interest with a new "monster" billion dollars ICO in the coming months, I am not predicting how successful or not it it going to be...
Yes, it would be a good barometer of the state of the market, if it happens
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:57pm   #99

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread As bad as it is right now, the biggest selloff and panic will happen when people realize that the biggest exchange is in trouble, there are no 1.5 Billion dollars in a bank account somewhere to back Tether (they just "printed" 200 millions new tokens I believe yesterday, because of the demand as a "safe currency") and they cannot make a withdrawal...

Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:03pm   #100

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread BitConnect Closes Exchange as States Warn of Unregulated Sales

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...egulated-sales

Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:19pm   #101
Joined Sep 2010
Everything is getting battered... I dread to think how many people are losing everything at the moment...

Then again... buying opportunity?
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:38pm   #102
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
Everything is getting battered... I dread to think how many people are losing everything at the moment...

Then again... buying opportunity?
It will be at some point for sure.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:46pm   #103

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread The BS artists are coming out from the wood work to defend bitcoin, this is one of the biggest idiots, not long ago he was against bitcoin and now is selling a "report" for $3000 on how you can put $100 and retire with the profits in few years... I really hope he did load the boat at the top...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/17/jame...egulation.html

Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:28pm   #104

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread US regulators charge three bitcoin operators with fraud

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/19/...ncy-operators/

Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:49pm   #105

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread The Tether Conundrum: A Quick Backstory

https://tonyarcieri.com/the-tether-conundrum

this is what is going to bring the biggest exchange down...