Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery

This is a discussion on Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; OK, this is no joke: One of the world's biggest cryptocurrency markets is readying a bill to ban trading https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/sout...y-trading.html...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:57am   #76

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread OK, this is no joke:

One of the world's biggest cryptocurrency markets is readying a bill to ban trading

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/sout...y-trading.html

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:03am   #77

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread Authorities raid South Korea's largest cryptocurrency exchanges

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/poli...x-evasion.html

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:01am   #78

Joined Mar 2004
Will Buffett be run over by the crypto express ?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/mark...cid=spartanntp
Me
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:24am   #79
Joined May 2016
I’m sure I’ve skim read a couple of articles recently where gubberments are taking a serious look at blockchain for reducing voter fraud. And there was another article where blockchain was proposed for other social interactions, I shall go seeking those articles again.
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:28am   #80
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=m6ExinEBxCo

Interesting.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:01pm   #81

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread Bitcoin Exchange Kraken Goes Down for 40 Hours, Drawing Mt. Gox Comparisons

http://fortune.com/2018/01/12/bitcoi...e-kraken-down/

Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:21pm   #82
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Bitcoin Exchange Kraken Goes Down for 40 Hours, Drawing Mt. Gox Comparisons
. . . Aye, for every article highlighting the teething problems associated with cryptos, there's another that demonstrates that major companies are starting to take the space very seriously. This link is the article about Kraken: Ripple and MoneyGram Test XRP Currency Transfers. The freight train is steadily building up speed Quantt - how long will you remain standing in front of it?

Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:37pm   #83

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
. . . Aye, for every article highlighting the teething problems associated with cryptos, there's another that demonstrates that major companies are starting to take the space very seriously. This link is the article about Kraken: Ripple and MoneyGram Test XRP Currency Transfers. The freight train is steadily building up speed Quantt - how long will you remain standing in front of it?

Tim.
Actually I am remaining on the side of the train wreck: I am neither long or short, so I am just enjoying the **** show...

BTW, the Ripple XRP token is not a based on decentralized blockchain technology...

Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:06pm   #84

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread Desperate to get into bitcoin, investors slip into debt

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/11/taki...-bad-idea.html

Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:53pm   #85
Joined Sep 2010
I know that headline is trying to imply that Bitcoin is so bad and dangerous that its irrationally causing people to get into debt but that's just the same for any trading/gambling. People max out credit cards and lose their houses on sports betting/trading/poker/snail races, so that's not really specific to Bitcoin.
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:26pm   #86

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
I know that headline is trying to imply that Bitcoin is so bad and dangerous that its irrationally causing people to get into debt but that's just the same for any trading/gambling. People max out credit cards and lose their houses on sports betting/trading/poker/snail races, so that's not really specific to Bitcoin.
You are right, except in a situation like this, a lot more people do it to chase the bubble compared to the other gambling alternatives...

Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:08pm   #87
Joined Sep 2010
Yeah true, I know someone who has no interest in gambling but has actually bought Bitcoin in the last few months.
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:31pm   #88

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread Meet ‘Picasso’, the Painter on GDAX.

https://medium.com/@bitfinexed/meet-...x-c478ff8f50e5

Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:34pm   #89

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread There’s an $814 Million Mystery Near the Heart of the Biggest Bitcoin Exchange

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tcoin-exchange

Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:14pm   #90

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread China is reportedly raising the bar on its cryptocurrency crackdown

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/15/chin...crackdown.html