Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery

This is a discussion on Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by counter_violent I wonder if the administrators get paid in Bitcoin The problem for me in cases like ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:46pm   #16

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
I wonder if the administrators get paid in Bitcoin
The problem for me in cases like this is who exactly is involved in the hack, did employees also took advantage of the mess to help themselves, etc ...

If my assets are not insured by the government or a large well known insurance company (worst case), I am staying far, far away...

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:52pm   #17
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
The problem for me in cases like this is who exactly is involved in the hack, did employees also took advantage of the mess to help themselves, etc ...

If my assets are not insured by the government or a large well known insurance company (worst case), I am staying far, far away...
Yeah it's a good point, but then we are not comparing apples. Btw, if the **** does hit the fan, govt and insurance promises will be worthless. I'm sure you understand this though.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:32pm   #18

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Yeah it's a good point, but then we are not comparing apples. Btw, if the **** does hit the fan, govt and insurance promises will be worthless. I'm sure you understand this though.
I do, but I don't think crypto or gold are the solution, you'll need few good friends, medicine, water, food, guns + lots of ammo and not necessarily in that order :-)

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:08pm   #19

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread Coinbase to investigate insider trading claims after launch of bitcoin cash support

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/coin...r-trading.html

Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:16pm   #20

Joined Oct 2015
http://www.businessinsider.com/daily...olumes-2017-12

amzing! incredible!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:01pm   #21

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread Litecoin founder Charlie Lee says he’s sold all his holdings in the cryptocurrency

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/lite...ocurrency.html

But still a believer :-)
Amazing how stupid the people can be :-)

Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:13am   #22

Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
Litecoin founder Charlie Lee says he’s sold all his holdings in the cryptocurrency

Without words. Really sad the response of the holders of LTC.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:24am   #23
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Litecoin founder Charlie Lee says he’s sold all his holdings in the cryptocurrency

There's a news ticker on the cnbc interview...BTC 20% down from the high. What they fail to report is that this money is just moving around the crypto market. Market cap is still rising. Now stands @ $640,605,570,765

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now

Last edited by counter_violent; Dec 21, 2017 at 6:31am.
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:21pm   #24

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
There's a news ticker on the cnbc interview...BTC 20% down from the high. What they fail to report is that this money is just moving around the crypto market. Market cap is still rising. Now stands @ $640,605,570,765

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/
No doubt...

"There's a sucker born every minute" as my buddy P. T. Barnum used to say...

Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:51pm   #25

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread $24 million iced tea company says it's pivoting to the blockchain, and its stock jumps more than 200%

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/21/long...ock-soars.html

Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:10pm   #26

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
No doubt...

"There's a sucker born every minute" as my buddy P. T. Barnum used to say...
"...and two to take him." don't forget the rest
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:40pm   #27

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
"...and two to take him." don't forget the rest
LOL, thanks Pip!

Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:10pm   #28

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
LOL, thanks Pip!
having said this, wish i had foresight to buy a few hundred when they were under 10 bucks, but alas ...i'm a conservative fool
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:16pm   #29

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
having said this, wish i had foresight to buy a few hundred when they were under 10 bucks, but alas ...i'm a conservative fool
I also wish I had the few winning numbers for the Powerball, especially when the jackpot is above half a billion - this is the best return of investment for me, bar none...

Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:33pm   #30

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
I also wish I had the few winning numbers for the Powerball, especially when the jackpot is above half a billion - this is the best return of investment for me, bar none...
i understand, but is there a difference here.

crypto currency was new and intriguing currency concept 10 yrs ago. and bitcoin was in the lead, it was worth a look ..but ..don't have the stones and couldn't afford the flyer