Is investing in Bitcoin is safe ?

This is a discussion on Is investing in Bitcoin is safe ? within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; Hi Guys, Saw couple of articles regarding investing in Bitcoin a safer option. But does that make sense in long ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:31am   #1

2 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Is investing in Bitcoin is safe ?

Hi Guys,

Saw couple of articles regarding investing in Bitcoin a safer option. But does that make sense in long run ? Or any other source of investment is better ?

Thanks
CR7_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:25am   #2
Joined Aug 2015
Any investment that can be backed by strong fundamentals is a reasonable option for long-term investment. Bitcoin is pretty new to investors and it is extremely volatile. Always remember that the purpose of bitcoin is the decentralized transfer of money and is not a substitute for traditional long-term investment. On records, the cryptocurrencies did deliver returns beyond expectations but you never know when this bubble might actually burst. One may limit the exposure to crypto within what they can afford to lose.
techite is offline Newsletter / tip sheet / trading advice vendor   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pat494
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:17am   #3
Joined Dec 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR7_Freak View Post
Hi Guys,

Saw couple of articles regarding investing in Bitcoin a safer option. But does that make sense in long run ? Or any other source of investment is better ?

Thanks
I'm also going to invest in Bitcoin but I realize that this is a very-very risky and if we compare forex and bitcoin, so for forex investments you should have risk capital but for bitcoin investments you should have risk capital of risk capital.
Flash8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:27pm   #4

Joined Mar 2004
There are better ones and cheaper.
Me
Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:15pm   #5
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
There are better ones and cheaper.
C'mon Pat, give us your picks and say why they're better (apart from being cheaper)!
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:32pm   #6

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
C'mon Pat, give us your picks and say why they're better (apart from being cheaper)!
Tim.
This is only a personal opinion Tim.
I would hate for you to plunge in and er....perhaps lose because of me.
Me
Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:50pm   #7

Joined Sep 2015
If a year ago you could have invested without the shadow of a doubt, right now I wouldn't recommend it.
Dagerban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:51pm   #8
Joined Apr 2014
I don't think it is.My understanding is that if you lose your password then you lose your investment.Also if it is hacked and stolen it is lost as there is no recourse to Government compensation. Not to mention the price risk in what appears to be a vastly over valued asset.
steve zodiac 57 is offline   Reply With Quote