Bitcoin - online fad or the future?

This is a discussion on Bitcoin - online fad or the future? within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by EddyJones Lol now it costs 11000$))) You were right about future of cyrrency No mater what price ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:02pm   #226

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyJones View Post
Lol now it costs 11000$))) You were right about future of cyrrency
No mater what price and how many bitcoins, if hey were on the MtGox exchange, today, you would have exactly as many as I do, precisely 0 :-)

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:30am   #227
Joined Feb 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
No mater what price and how many bitcoins, if hey were on the MtGox exchange, today, you would have exactly as many as I do, precisely 0 :-)
Lol i've never heard about MtGox) It is bad exchange? Or just scam?
EddyJones is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:10pm   #228

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Lol i've never heard about MtGox) It is bad exchange? Or just scam?
Well, it was the biggest exchange in the world at the time by far and we'll newer know what exactly happened, was it a hack or inside job, but it suddenly closed...

"Mt. Gox was a bitcoin exchange based in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. Launched in July 2010, by 2013 and into 2014 it was handling over 70% of all bitcoin transactions worldwide, as the largest bitcoin intermediary and the world's leading bitcoin exchange."
"By May 2016, creditors of Mt. Gox had claimed they lost $2.4 trillion when Mt. Gox went bankrupt, which they asked be paid to them. The Japanese trustee overseeing the bankruptcy said that only $91 million in assets had been tracked down to distribute to claimants, despite Mt. Gox having asserted in the weeks before it went bankrupt that it had more than $500 million in assets. The trustee's interim legal and accounting costs through that date, to be paid ultimately by creditors, were $5.5 million."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:26pm   #229
Joined Feb 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Well, it was the biggest exchange in the world at the time by far and we'll newer know what exactly happened, was it a hack or inside job, but it suddenly closed...

"Mt. Gox was a bitcoin exchange based in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. Launched in July 2010, by 2013 and into 2014 it was handling over 70% of all bitcoin transactions worldwide, as the largest bitcoin intermediary and the world's leading bitcoin exchange."
"By May 2016, creditors of Mt. Gox had claimed they lost $2.4 trillion when Mt. Gox went bankrupt, which they asked be paid to them. The Japanese trustee overseeing the bankruptcy said that only $91 million in assets had been tracked down to distribute to claimants, despite Mt. Gox having asserted in the weeks before it went bankrupt that it had more than $500 million in assets. The trustee's interim legal and accounting costs through that date, to be paid ultimately by creditors, were $5.5 million."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox
Really interesting.. I guess it was d-dos attacks..
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:38pm   #230

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Really interesting.. I guess it was d-dos attacks..
Much more than that, a lot of money missing...

Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:35am   #231

Joined Sep 2015
Of course, time will show, but a bitcoin is very unstable at the moment. I'm not talking about halving of its value for the last couple of months. you can also make money on it, though.
Dagerban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:35pm   #232

5 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
I want to be able to buy stocks directly with Bitcoin, and then sell the stocks and get Bitcoin back. Kind of like a new Swiss bank account. I've only found one company allowing this, ChainBLX. Is this a common thing? I'd like to compare companies. It would be a good way to hedge against BTC volatility.
DaveP648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:36pm   #233
Joined Feb 2018
I've found an interesting post about bitcoin and it's influence in nearest future. It's really awesome because post was publicated in 2013...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/com...e_here_to_beg/