Best time to trade Crude Oil CL

This is a discussion on Best time to trade Crude Oil CL within the Commodities & Money Markets forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by elitejets Brent Crude futures are traded on the Nymex. It depends who your broker is, Interactivebrokers have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 2, 2009, 6:32am   #9
Joined Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitejets View Post
Brent Crude futures are traded on the Nymex. It depends who your broker is, Interactivebrokers have it. The code is BB
Brent crude is an ICE contract. Globex may have their own version, but it's definitely an ICE contract.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 7:10am   #10

Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
Brent crude is an ICE contract. Globex may have their own version, but it's definitely an ICE contract.
Hi
I agree it definately is an ICE contract but in North America you can trade the futures through Nymex too and the code is BB.
NYMEX.com: Brent Crude Oil - Financial Contract
elitejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:42am   #11
Joined Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitejets View Post
Hi
I agree it definately is an ICE contract but in North America you can trade the futures through Nymex too and the code is BB.
NYMEX.com: Brent Crude Oil - Financial Contract
Ahh. Just like ICE has a WTI version! Good stuff
Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:23am   #12

Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadtrader View Post
Yes, morning moves up to 10.30 are best
i agree with you !
traderkenny is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:00pm   #13
Joined Nov 2010
Best Time To Trade Crude Oil

All your comments are good. I
The best way to determine the best time to trade CL is to look at a 3-5 min chart and see what times it moves. Someone said 4a-6a.... he was correct.... that is one of the times that is good... but there are also other good times. Prime time opening looks good but often moves so fast that it is difficult to trade then (9a-11a). I am in Toronto also. Happy to meet any Toronto Traders. bruceross111 a gmail ..... anytime......
Trendguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:12pm   #14
Joined Apr 2014
The overlap of the European markets and the US markets is the best time, something between 7 am and noon Eastern Time.
fxstrategist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:57pm   #15
Joined Apr 2013
I only trade WTI after the NYMEX floor opens. So at 2pm London time.
I don't like trading in low liquidity hours because strange things happen.
Excelentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:53am   #16
Joined Dec 2005
1 find good twitter feeds help a lot with WTI can be wild and profitable like Friday on rig count.

unsure how it will play in the future when CME closes all floor trading apart from S&P 500?
The announcement by the CME Group that by July it will shut down nearly all its trading floors, relying instead on computerized trading, unleashes a flood of memories of the trading pits I covered for CNBC for nearly a decade.

The closing of the gold and crude oil pits could worsen the issue of painting the tape (manipulating prices by both buying and selling) by large trading houses to help their positions or hurt traders that can't bully the market. This has happened and will be a major issue for the settlement of back months. The front month is a weighted average and shouldn't be affected.

Last edited by dcarrigan; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:59am.
dcarrigan is offline   Reply With Quote