Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

This is a discussion on Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread within the Commodities & Money Markets forums, part of the Markets category; TD, **** doesn't translate very well on T2W. Rearrange the letters and I'll work it out. Can you get bobl ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:42pm   #25
Joined Jun 2006
TD,

**** doesn't translate very well on T2W. Rearrange the letters and I'll work it out.

Can you get bobl and schatz on charts? If you can, it may be an idea to compare them with the bund. I would say the difference between the three is dependent on your time-frame. If it's intra-day/ scalping, the bund is the most volatile. Beyond an hour, I reckon the relative difference between the three (in volatility) is not that great.

The difference in absolute volatility is possbly due to the frequency/size of trades and depth of market - the bund trades more small sizes at a higher frequency but with the least depth; bobl trades larger sizes with less frequency but greater depth; schatz with even larger sizes with even less frequency but with the greatest depth. That said, the Scahtz is no picnic to scalp - it can still catch you out.

Grant.
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 6:15am   #26

Joined Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantx View Post
TD,

**** doesn't translate very well on T2W. Rearrange the letters and I'll work it out.

Can you get bobl and schatz on charts? If you can, it may be an idea to compare them with the bund. I would say the difference between the three is dependent on your time-frame. If it's intra-day/ scalping, the bund is the most volatile. Beyond an hour, I reckon the relative difference between the three (in volatility) is not that great.

The difference in absolute volatility is possbly due to the frequency/size of trades and depth of market - the bund trades more small sizes at a higher frequency but with the least depth; bobl trades larger sizes with less frequency but greater depth; schatz with even larger sizes with even less frequency but with the greatest depth. That said, the Scahtz is no picnic to scalp - it can still catch you out.

Grant.
LOL the word was slang for backside. Four letters, first one a and ending with e. hahaha!

What do you mean by depth?

Increasing trader performance: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...rformance.html

Advice for getting a job in trading: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...b-trading.html
trader_dante is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:23am   #27

Joined Feb 2005
Did my **** - Traderpedia

replace the stars with a rse. interesting definition

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: BSD , DC STOXX
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:49am   #28
Joined Jun 2006
TD,

"Depth" refers to liquidity/total volume available on the bid and ask to the current 10 levels in my examples. See attachment.

The total volume figures are shown at the top of each table. Figures at extreme left of each table are last trades (red for sales, blue for buys). This is Time and Sales without the Time, so to speak.

Despite what I said above, the bobl today seems relatively shallow. Maybe I should re-check my figures.

Grant.
Attached Files
File Type: doc DOM.doc (42.0 KB, 455 views)
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:11pm   #29
Joined Jan 2008
buy 'em started this thread Good to see everyone enjoying the thread. Imo schatz is superior to both bund and bobl. I mean think about it. You can do as much size as you want, it lags the bund, is a little more sane then the rest of them. I actually like schatz for scalping 3 ticks the best. I find watching tick charts along with the orderbook is the best way to trade this market with size for 3 ticks.

Just finished up today and after closing the platform I think we are headed lower but thats just me. Had some huge size on the offers and paper was a seller as of late. Made some good money leaning on that size and flowing with paper. I think we could break through that trendline very soon and start heading lower from there today. We have overhead resistance on the 133 tick chart and we are coming to an apex in this market.

Good Trading Guys
buy 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:29pm   #30
Joined Jun 2006
Buy 'em,

What do you mean by "leaning on that size "?

Grant.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:58pm   #31
Joined Jan 2008
buy 'em started this thread Leaning on size refers to stepping in front of a big bid or offer. If I see 3000 lots in the schatz sitting on the offer and every time somebody buys a few at that level there are always offers replenishing that level (sign of a real offer not a spoof) then I will step in front of it. So if the offer is at 44 I will offer 43 asuming that at the present time the market will not be able to break through 44 if I get filled. A lot more than that goes into it but that is the basic idea.

Watching the orderbook is one of the best ways to make money imo. Watch, Watch, Watch the orderbook and look for patterns.

Have a good weekend guys.
buy 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: fcmisc
Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:33am   #32
Joined Jun 2006
Buy 'em,

Thanks for that, mate.

Grant.