Trading in a group

This is a discussion on Trading in a group within the Commodities & Money Markets forums, part of the Markets category; Hello All , I am interested to do daytrading and am looking for some sort of group to start with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:29am   #1

6 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Trading in a group

Hello All ,
I am interested to do daytrading and am looking for some sort of group to start with .I am relatively inexperienced and would like to learn some from the pros .Is there any one who is willing to show some tricks or maybe take me along on the same trades that you are taking .I have my account opened already and but faced early losses and now dont want to lose the rest of my account as well.
Thanks .
apa79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:59pm   #2
Joined Feb 2011
Re: Trading in a group

It helps to be in a group of people that can guide you along. I am sure there are many people on here willing to help, as am I. If you are new to trading I would read as much as you can about commodities and futures, and how they work. Typical lingo is best to learn at first, along with how the contracts trade with different months and what each tick profit or loss is. I wish you luck in your trading
Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:08am   #3
Joined Mar 2011

I am also new to trading and have been engaged in reading different articles and resources for a month. I would like to find the group like that of yours and share my ideas and views regarding trading.
McMathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 1:32pm   #4

Joined Apr 2009

me too
hasanalali is offline Newsletter / tip sheet / trading advice vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 7:01pm   #5

3 Posts
Joined Mar 2011

I am interest. I am not a pro however.

I already have a method that fit me. My problem is too much distraction at home.

As a beginning, you should try different instruments, different time frames to see what fit you.
traderwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 7:41pm   #6
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderwu View Post
I am interest. I am not a pro however.

I already have a method that fit me. My problem is too much distraction at home.

As a beginning, you should try different instruments, different time frames to see what fit you.
Distraction at home is a problem for many daytraders who have a home office. The reality is you can't have your spouse bugging in and asking you complete chores every 5 minutes, or you can't be left to watch the kids running around the house all day while you are trying to trade. It just won't work. Set some time where you can be completely undisturbed, even if it is only 2 or 3 days a week.

Do a lot of reading. There are a lot of good threads here, some showing HOW, and some definitely showing HOW NOT. Ask questions, keep an open mind, and never forget that it takes time and experience to get to the consistently profitable stage. It doesn't happen overnight.

apa79, what are you trading?

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 4:35am   #7

3 Posts
Joined Mar 2011

I have read enough. I'm still reading, but just on psychology and economics.

My mom help me watch the kids during the day, but she doesn't like to watch kids. I constantly hearing screen upstairs while I am trying to focus in the office on the ground floor. I am going to send them back to day care so I can concentrate on the morning. It is unfortunate that the day care they used to go are full.
traderwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:36am   #8
Joined Feb 2011

After trading Indices with only limited sucess for sometime, I for the first time tryed my "Luck" with crude. With 4 dollar SL AND 1dollar Limit opened at 20.30 every day last week. Long or short decided at the time by restance and support levels from charts at the time. 4 out of 4. the 5th closed out due to the contract expiry. The good news being that on my first weeks of trading oil is that i cleared £2000. The bad news is that it was on my demo account ,the second beingI have no idea what I am doing, even understanding contract dates. I need help!

Last edited by wakelingp; Mar 14, 2011 at 11:40am. Reason: typing error
wakelingp is offline   Reply With Quote