Futures trading platforms

This is a discussion on Futures trading platforms within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; $10,000 initial deposit. Can't quite remember, but I believe the first quote I had from their Canadian office was USD1,700 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 29, 2003, 10:00pm   #29

Joined Nov 2000
$10,000 initial deposit.

Can't quite remember, but I believe the first quote I had from their Canadian office was USD1,700 intraday. But remember that I am female, so I get fobbed off as being a bimbo housewife playing with stocks for amusement, so it takes me more effort to get a sensible quote. If you're male, you'd get a completely different quote no doubt.
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2003, 10:17pm   #30

Joined Jan 2003
Skim

many thx for yr msg. let me tell u something from my floor experience - yes there r fewer women than men amongst us, but those who make a female trader r usually sharper then their male counterparts cheers to u!
Old Jun 21, 2004, 1:42pm   #31

5 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
About an introducing broker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpfuller
hi all

I've started looking at day trading FTSE100 futures and would be interested to hear which platforms people generally use.

DP
If you are seeking a good service, reasonable commissions and low margin, then the Global Futures http://www.globalfutures.com/ is the best introducing broker for you.
Kvadrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 3:01pm   #32

Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvadrik
If you are seeking a good service, reasonable commissions and low margin, then the Global Futures http://www.globalfutures.com/ is the best introducing broker for you.
They were also recommended to me. But, I am always a little suspicious about brokers who do not quote their commission schedules on their website.
What are their commissions per leg in softs and grains?
thanks
Old Jun 22, 2004, 4:01pm   #33

5 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
I don't know it, but they have a live chat on their website, and you can ask online...
Kvadrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 4:16pm   #34
BBB

Joined Dec 2003
If a broker wont disclose commissions on a web site - its because he would rather negotiate them depending on your monthly volume. If you charge $4 per rt to all customers, you will only attract smaller traders. If you base commission based on size, then larger traders who are more regular and last longer tend to come your way.

I have a broker 'niggle' too. I always prefer my broker to be a clearing member. Dont know why, but I think they will be able to execute orders faster - dumb I know.
BBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 2:38am   #35

2 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Have a look at eminilocal (http://www.eminilocal.com/commissions.htm). $500 margin and $5/rt (J-Trader). Clears through RCG.
cmaxb is offline   Reply With Quote