Infinity Futures (ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS?)

This is a discussion on Infinity Futures (ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS?) within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; normally I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Infinity, they're my main trading platform....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 1, 2009, 7:31pm   #11

Joined Jun 2007
normally I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Infinity, they're my main trading platform.

karl6666: 'Why doesnt anybody like you R_E, is it because you shout?'

Last edited by Lightning McQueen; Jul 2, 2009 at 12:04am. Reason: clean up
rathcoole_exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: neil
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:18pm   #12
Joined Apr 2009
HaloTrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by rathcoole_exile View Post
normally I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Infinity, they're my main trading platform.
Do you use the Infinity AT platform yeahh? Or just use them as the broker for something like Ninja...
It seems more proffesional than NinjaTrader however, not as pretty, probably because its not for the 'retailers' and more prop traders...

Is that correct?

God gave me a special gift, made me a fine instrument of warfare...If you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over.
HaloTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2009, 12:29am   #13
Joined Feb 2007
i knew some staff in US office and their service are much better than IB and Etrade.
CFDplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2009, 12:42am   #14

5 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloTrader View Post
Yes, i'm in the UK.
To get information on commisions i guess just phone them or email them - I'm not sure what the usual rates are... Also i think you can reduce your rates through doing more contract round-turns, not too sure about them rates.

If someone wanted to sign up though tell me and i can get us both reduced rates to $2.20
Hi Halo;
I guess I am not understanding this. You are already signed up at Infinity? If you are what is your total R/T price?
Thanks,
Soveral
soveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:02pm   #15
Joined Dec 2008
I had an account at infinity and one day the guy handling my account panicked and sold out my whole account because it had a margin call, even though I had money in a t-bill to cover it.
that bone head move cost me over a thousand bucks, but I talked to a manager and they agreed to pay me almost all of the money I lost.
So in the end I guess I have to say they did stand up and do the right thing (even though technically they didn't have to).

so you can look at it from two ways,
1. it was a really bone head move to do what they did, which is bad.
or
2. everyone makes mistakes and at least they guys eventually did man up and do the right thing.
DeadMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2009, 11:36pm   #16
zoo
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloTrader View Post
Wondering if anyone has anything negative to say about Infinity futures... Or positive for that matter.
Am currently signing up to trade the Infinity AT platform - $2.30 commisions per side of ES, they clear through TransAct account which i know little about...

Was wondering if anyone used them or had anything to say?
I've just opened an account with Infinity. Im based in London, Uk. Any tips with regards to funding in Euros or Dollars? Are you going to hedge your position so that currency fluctuations don't erode your GBPs? Also, what charting package are you going to use with them?
zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 12:50am   #17
Joined Dec 2008
I know a little about this subject, because I was trading futures on the Canadian exchange,
and I live in the USA,
when I placed the trades they converted my US dollars to Canadian, then when I closed out the trade I could convert them back.
so if they do the same to you, then it won't really matter what currency you start out with,
it will be converted when you place a trade anyway.
DeadMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:21am   #18
zoo
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
I know a little about this subject, because I was trading futures on the Canadian exchange,
and I live in the USA,
when I placed the trades they converted my US dollars to Canadian, then when I closed out the trade I could convert them back.
so if they do the same to you, then it won't really matter what currency you start out with,
it will be converted when you place a trade anyway.

That's not the problem for me. If u r using the AT platform, funds must be in usd or euro. Therefore, I'll need to convert my gbp. When it comes to withdrawing funds I could have lost a load on currency fluctuations before trading even takes place.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:47am   #19
Joined Jun 2009
One thing that you have to remember about infinity is that they're not a brokerage, they're an introducing broker to transact. Why not just go with transact and save some money? TransAct

You can get free data feed for futures with Sierra Charts with both infinity or transact. You can also use esignal to place trades with infinity.

Another thing to keep in mind is that with infinity you don't have any SIPC or FIDC coverage, but with interactive brokers you do.
joe4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:55am   #20
zoo
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe4422 View Post
One thing that you have to remember about infinity is that they're not a brokerage, they're an introducing broker to transact. Why not just go with transact and save some money? TransAct

You can get free data feed for futures with Sierra Charts with both infinity or transact. You can also use esignal to place trades with infinity.

Another thing to keep in mind is that with infinity you don't have any SIPC or FIDC coverage, but with interactive brokers you do.

I would chose Infinity personally, only because with Transact you must do a min of 300+ contracts per month. What is this SIPC and FIDC?