Infinity Futures (ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS?)

This is a discussion on Infinity Futures (ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS?) within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by HaloTrader Wondering if anyone has anything negative to say about Infinity futures... Or positive for that matter. ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 7, 2009, 10:36pm   #16
zoo
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloTrader View Post
Wondering if anyone has anything negative to say about Infinity futures... Or positive for that matter.
Am currently signing up to trade the Infinity AT platform - $2.30 commisions per side of ES, they clear through TransAct account which i know little about...

Was wondering if anyone used them or had anything to say?
I've just opened an account with Infinity. Im based in London, Uk. Any tips with regards to funding in Euros or Dollars? Are you going to hedge your position so that currency fluctuations don't erode your GBPs? Also, what charting package are you going to use with them?
zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2009, 11:50pm   #17
Joined Dec 2008
I know a little about this subject, because I was trading futures on the Canadian exchange,
and I live in the USA,
when I placed the trades they converted my US dollars to Canadian, then when I closed out the trade I could convert them back.
so if they do the same to you, then it won't really matter what currency you start out with,
it will be converted when you place a trade anyway.
DeadMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:21am   #18
zoo
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
I know a little about this subject, because I was trading futures on the Canadian exchange,
and I live in the USA,
when I placed the trades they converted my US dollars to Canadian, then when I closed out the trade I could convert them back.
so if they do the same to you, then it won't really matter what currency you start out with,
it will be converted when you place a trade anyway.


That's not the problem for me. If u r using the AT platform, funds must be in usd or euro. Therefore, I'll need to convert my gbp. When it comes to withdrawing funds I could have lost a load on currency fluctuations before trading even takes place.
zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:47am   #19
Joined Jun 2009
One thing that you have to remember about infinity is that they're not a brokerage, they're an introducing broker to transact. Why not just go with transact and save some money? TransAct

You can get free data feed for futures with Sierra Charts with both infinity or transact. You can also use esignal to place trades with infinity.

Another thing to keep in mind is that with infinity you don't have any SIPC or FIDC coverage, but with interactive brokers you do.
joe4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:55am   #20
zoo
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe4422 View Post
One thing that you have to remember about infinity is that they're not a brokerage, they're an introducing broker to transact. Why not just go with transact and save some money? TransAct

You can get free data feed for futures with Sierra Charts with both infinity or transact. You can also use esignal to place trades with infinity.

Another thing to keep in mind is that with infinity you don't have any SIPC or FIDC coverage, but with interactive brokers you do.


I would chose Infinity personally, only because with Transact you must do a min of 300+ contracts per month. What is this SIPC and FIDC?
zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:36pm   #21
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloTrader View Post
Wondering if anyone has anything negative to say about Infinity futures... Or positive for that matter.
Am currently signing up to trade the Infinity AT platform - $2.30 commisions per side of ES, they clear through TransAct account which i know little about...

Was wondering if anyone used them or had anything to say?

2,3 per side means 4,6 RT. And it is too much... If I were you I'd better choose an other broker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
I would chose Infinity personally, only because with Transact you must do a min of 300+ contracts per month. What is this SIPC and FIDC?
Really what is the meaning of SIPC and FIDC?
GetLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:11pm   #22
 
blancspa's Avatar
Joined May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLost View Post
2,3 per side means 4,6 RT. And it is too much... If I were you I'd better choose an other broker.



Really what is the meaning of SIPC and FIDC?
4.6 RT?
f ll how do you scalp with that ? hundred lots?
__________________
...driven on by the greed of the trader, is led over all lands and all seas by the hope of gain...
blancspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:42am   #23
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by blancspa View Post
4.6 RT?
f ll how do you scalp with that ? hundred lots?
I really don't understand what you mean.
What you think, is 4,6 RT too much? Or OK with you?
GetLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:34am   #24
Joined Sep 2008
Re: Infinity Futures (ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLost View Post
2,3 per side means 4,6 RT. And it is too much... If I were you I'd better choose an other broker.
Could you suggest an alternative if kindly possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLost View Post
Really what is the meaning of SIPC and FIDC?
Federal insurance.

SIPC -- Securities Investor Protection Corporation
FIDC -- Finance Industry Development Council
tradespreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2009, 9:16am   #25
Joined Jun 2009
Re: Infinity Futures (ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryoplasm View Post
Could you suggest an alternative if kindly possible?
For example Mirus. RT 4,4.
Also you must check Infinity (3,8), Tfutures (3,76), Velocity and Futuresbrokers.com
GetLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
someone said about infinity futures are good does anyone no if they are cooltrader1 First Steps 8 Nov 22, 2011 6:58pm
negative EPS and negative P/E means? jonboy123 Technical Analysis 1 Apr 24, 2009 7:37am
Intrinsic value can't go negative? zzaxx99 Futures & Options 5 Nov 2, 2004 11:18am
Negative account euribor_tr4der Home Trader 17 Sep 16, 2004 9:30pm
Negative divergence on BT/A CHARTY Technical Analysis 1 Apr 2, 2001 8:55pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)