AMP-futures

This is a discussion on AMP-futures within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by one2watch no when you are in the trade your balance is ticking in usd on the day's ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 5, 2009, 7:25pm   #9
zoo
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2watch View Post
no when you are in the trade your balance is ticking in usd on the day's exchange and when you close the position you have the net + or - in usd rate so why do they keep changing the rate? I remember one friday I had 4300 usd on my platform came the monday morning I was short 600 thats when I hit the roof and closed the account. unfortunately i am here and they are on the other side of the pond. I would never open an accoun with anyone else than fsa reg broker anymore. i would have fought to get back every penny if that had happened in this country.
Its strange, I was looking into Amp and when asked which currency funds would be kept in they instantly blanked me, after contacting me constantly previous to this.
zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:02am   #10

Joined Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennie83 View Post
All the best commissions are to be found in US. I have a shortlist of the usuals: Tradestion, Infinity, Mirus, (er AMP), & Velocity. Not sure which one to go for though. The commissions charged by FSA firms based in UK are laughable, I mean really outrageous.
Congratulations And this is not only in trading

I'd recommend Infinity. Real cheap comms and fast and stable free data feed and free platform. Use Ensign charts with their data feed ($40 if I am not mistaken).

I'd also add Dorman. They had really great comms last year, but I recently requested requote and they sent me stupid prices. Not sure what happened. Crisis ate them up perhaps... Try and call them. They offered $1 less comms than next cheapes a year ago.
maxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2011, 4:39am   #11

0 Posts
Joined May 2011
Re: AMP-futures

I would just like everyone to know that AMP Futures' Auto-Trading strategies

"has elected to disable the Auto Trading Programs because it has reached a level of draw down that is not in the normal program parameters.

As of 5/12/11, no new trades will be placed for the Auto Trading Programs in your account.

We will continue to run the programs and monitor the activity. If the trading conditions return to the programs normal parameters, we will make them available for clients."

They say the Auto Trading Programs are developed and ran by professionals, but when questioned about what R:R they were using, I was completely ignored. They managed to professionally HALVE my account in a few months!! I think I could have done better by tossing a coin.
alan9793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:54pm   #12
Joined Jan 2009

they blanked me too, as soon as soon as you have a hard question they stop answering you. this broker is a total s***house. find something else.
naked shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 2:38pm   #13

4 Posts
Joined Aug 2011

You guys just like to talk s*** all of you are brokers that try to damage a succsessfull competitor. The more you do that, the more press you provide, the more powerfull it'll become. good luck!
amarcadeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:06pm   #14
zoo
Joined Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarcadeem View Post
You guys just like to talk s*** all of you are brokers that try to damage a succsessfull competitor. The more you do that, the more press you provide, the more powerfull it'll become. good luck!

Haha, I can guarantee you I'm not a broker. Fool
zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:47pm   #15

Joined Apr 2008

Amar read the reviews from real traders about your 'successful' competitor on major trading forums and open your mind a bit....
maxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 4:27pm   #16

4 Posts
Joined Aug 2011

I have. I did the research. So far AMP (FCM) is the most competetive than others little gibs and ibs. But i'll like to hear more about Infinity (FCM) as well... Anybody is with them?
amarcadeem is offline   Reply With Quote