Saxo Bank

This is a discussion on Saxo Bank within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by de123 ..they are still number 1...if u can provide me, with someone else which is better then ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:31am   #9
Joined Aug 2007
jkplay started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by de123 View Post
..they are still number 1...if u can provide me, with someone else which is better then them,..and i mean, the software, the online staff, the nice calls,...the money fast withdrawing,...let me know,...otherwise,...broker complaints,... get over them...
They are nowhere near number one. If you are in the UK and don't trade massive volume then spreadbetting is the method of choice. DMA CFD's are the next one up. I have accounts with various firms and the order i would place them in is:

IG Index/IG Markets (No monthly subscription to DMA unlike Saxo)
Interactive Brokers
CMC Markets
Capital Spreads
GFT
Saxo Bank

Saxo's software is nice but nothing special, I think CMC have the best software and Saxo's is unreliable and freezes all the time.

Don't get me wrong they arn't a bucket shop or the worst guys in the world, there is a reason they got to the size they are!I just think they are far too expensive and don't really see what I would be paying for?

JK
jkplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:52am   #10

Joined Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkplay View Post
Don't get me wrong they arn't a bucket shop...
Presumably they are a bucket shop in FX or the situation quoted in Post 7 would not have occured?
Jack o'Clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:29pm   #11
Joined Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack o'Clubs View Post
Presumably they are a bucket shop in FX or the situation quoted in Post 7 would not have occured?
Well thats a third party quote so I can't really comment on how true that email is. If it is true then I guess your right! On reflection I would be very surprised if that situation did occur but on the other hand can't imagine why someone would go through the trouble of forging an email in such a malicious way.

JK
Old Oct 11, 2007, 1:22pm   #12

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
They are nowhere near number one. If you are in the UK and don't trade massive volume then spreadbetting is the method of choice. DMA CFD's are the next one up. I have accounts with various firms and the order i would place them in is:

IG Index/IG Markets (No monthly subscription to DMA unlike Saxo)
Interactive Brokers
CMC Markets
Capital Spreads
GFT
Saxo Bank

Saxo's software is nice but nothing special, I think CMC have the best software and Saxo's is unreliable and freezes all the time.

Don't get me wrong they arn't a bucket shop or the worst guys in the world, there is a reason they got to the size they are!I just think they are far too expensive and don't really see what I would be paying for?

JK
Ofcourse they are expansive,...do u think Armani, Kenzo, D&G are cheap?!...No they are not,...and will never be,..even if we wont them to be,...i have excepted that as a major fact...when there will be some broker more expansive then them, i will probably switch it.(interesting that here we got only armani, and then a bunch of nonames...)..for forex, am already considering opening a mini acount at GMT, just for fun,...since at saxo (i cant), i will use it, only when ill hedge the investment in non margin stocks in other currency then euro,...and i have to check spreadbeating since saxo doesnt offer spreadbetting for Cfds....but for ALL other things i think they are way ahead.
de123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 1:59pm   #13
Joined Aug 2007
Quote:
Ofcourse they are expansive,...do u think Armani, Kenzo, D&G are cheap?!...No they are not,...and will never be,..even if we wont them to be,...i have excepted that as a major fact...when there will be some broker more expansive then them, i will probably switch it
Right.... So you are comparing trading with Saxo Bank to buying armani clothes. When you buy Armani you buy a brand and very good quality gear.

I think a more accurate comparison would be spending £100 on Hi-Tec trainers.....

Your are wasting a load of money on something when you can get BETTER for CHEAPER.

Their sales guys obviously did a good job on you because you seem very loyal, despite your bad experiences. If I where you id give interactive brokers or IG Markets a call. Don't be falled by the name bank in their title. Interactive Brokers represent over 20% of all options market making and have a market cap of over $6 Billion (if I remember correctly)... About 5 times the size of Saxo. CMC and IG are both bigger and better and if you want to trade stocks get a barclays or selftrade account.

You sound like an fx trader so check out FXCM, the biggest in america and much bigger than Saxo in the fx market.

JK
Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:02pm   #14

Joined Jul 2007
Why is speculating after an announcement illegal?

BTW I could never use Saxo Bank. All my sports car owning friends would take the pee.

Last edited by shadowninja; Oct 11, 2007 at 11:41pm.
shadowninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:25pm   #15

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Right.... So you are comparing trading with Saxo Bank to buying armani clothes. When you buy Armani you buy a brand and very good quality gear.

I think a more accurate comparison would be spending £100 on Hi-Tec trainers.....

Your are wasting a load of money on something when you can get BETTER for CHEAPER.

Their sales guys obviously did a good job on you because you seem very loyal, despite your bad experiences. If I where you id give interactive brokers or IG Markets a call. Don't be falled by the name bank in their title. Interactive Brokers represent over 20% of all options market making and have a market cap of over $6 Billion (if I remember correctly)... About 5 times the size of Saxo. CMC and IG are both bigger and better and if you want to trade stocks get a barclays or selftrade account.

You sound like an fx trader so check out FXCM, the biggest in america and much bigger than Saxo in the fx market.

JK
Well i am from Europe, so UK and USA brokers DEMAND TO MUCH things, for opening account, their software is not USER FRIENDLY as saxos,...And they DO NOT EVEN LOOK LIKE ARMANY,...no, seriously,...i will open some forex account elsewhere since i cant trade jpy croses without a limited 80pips SL (after i take a trade, if before i can...),...BUT BIGGER DOESNT MEAN BETTER...listen i aint gona fight u here,...but they make me SO LAUGH sometimes,...that even for that reason i couldnt and WILL NOT CHANGE it,...i use to hate thos cat mesages, and stupid analises,...but now they make me really HAPPY,...POOR NEWBBIES....
de123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:44pm   #16
Joined Aug 2007
Quote:
their software is not USER FRIENDLY as saxos
Are you joking? Please for your own good... have a look around.

JK