Can anyone compete with IB?

This is a discussion on Can anyone compete with IB? within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; I have an account with IB. The commissions on stock trades are the lowest ive seen. Any other brokerage firms ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 15, 2007, 11:33pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Can anyone compete with IB?

I have an account with IB. The commissions on stock trades are the lowest ive seen. Any other brokerage firms (legitimate firms please)??
popye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 9:00pm   #2

4 Posts
Joined May 2007
Cheap stock trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by popye View Post
I have an account with IB. The commissions on stock trades are the lowest ive seen. Any other brokerage firms (legitimate firms please)??
I run a large group that clears at Genesis securities out of NYC. IB is definitely cheap but we can be competitive with them. If you like I'd be glad to discuss this with you privately.
jctg01 is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:04pm   #3

1 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by popye View Post
tell me if i am wrong, but it depends on how many shares you trade. So commissions can be low or high depending on what you trade.
Giubri
giubri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:36pm   #4

4 Posts
Joined May 2007
low commissions

Guibri,

We can be lower than IB. Generally we're looking for serious traders that trade in excess of 250,000 shares a month. At these levels and higher we can be very competitive.
jctg01 is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote