Odd

This is a discussion on Odd within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by tomorton When you joined a year ago you asked for help and you got loads of it, ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:47pm   #33
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
When you joined a year ago you asked for help and you got loads of it, from me and others, all completely respectfully and freely given. Now you're already giving out advice and warnings on something you have literally and self-admittedly no experience in.

On my experience with SB, I have had SB accounts with UK-based and regulated firms since March 2003. I have run SB's continuously since that date, I have SB'ed indices, stocks, commodities and forex, I have a 5-figure account with my preferred firm and am profitable.

Respect. I am looking for a mentor how much do you charge.
TheRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:28pm   #34
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
Respect. I am looking for a mentor how much do you charge.

I have posted full information on what I'm doing and what I've done wrong in the past. Always happy to jump in with an answer or opinion if its some specific issue I know something about.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:31pm   #35
 
Kaeso's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
Maybe you can explain to the OP what happened then so he is better informed.
the OP isn't bothered about that now, hes more interested in you
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:02pm   #36
Joined Sep 2010
You’re sounding like a guy who loaded up big stakes and got burned regulator? Do you feel it was the bucketshops fault you lost because they allowed you to lose it or do you feel it’s your fault you lost it?
__________________
There’s no right or wrong, just winning or losing
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:56pm   #37
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Everyone has commented on brokers but not a single post about the obvious. You are just a drop of water in a very big ocean.

What is the reason you are entering the trade and what is your trade plan?

If you are entering a trade based off charts alone then ask yourself this. Can everyone else see what I am seeing without requiring a special configuration of indicators and or price structure? My point is you need to align your expectations with the way you are trading. If you want to be in a position where the trades you enter have a better chance of success then you need to operate in a framework like the professional traders.


Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:36pm   #38
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
You’re sounding like a guy who loaded up big stakes and got burned regulator? Do you feel it was the bucketshops fault you lost because they allowed you to lose it or do you feel it’s your fault you lost it?
I think everyone posting here has got burned first no? No one immediately become professional and before transitioning to be profitable. Even your self I imagine. You didnt get burned ?

It might take me a few good years before people get profitable depends how much your willing to take a hit before giving up or continuing, so in the mean time I feel its okay for me to bitch about the losing and take it out on the provider and market.

The SB provider is at fault to some extent, allowing a noobie to use high leverage. What kind of responsible provider is that?

I am also at fault for being inticed by the great promotional ads about SB. Were all consumers when it comes to marketing products. You see it and you like it, you go and buy in to it.
TheRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:51pm   #39
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
You’re sounding like a guy who loaded up big stakes and got burned regulator? Do you feel it was the bucketshops fault you lost because they allowed you to lose it or do you feel it’s your fault you lost it?
Lets not forget bucketshop is like your William hill bookies. They are there to take your money and not the other way around.
TheRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:59pm   #40
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
I think everyone posting here has got burned first no? No one immediately become professional and before transitioning to be profitable. Even your self I imagine. You didnt get burned ?

It might take me a few good years before people get profitable depends how much your willing to take a hit before giving up or continuing, so in the mean time I feel its okay for me to bitch about the losing and take it out on the provider and market.

The SB provider is at fault to some extent, allowing a noobie to use high leverage. What kind of responsible provider is that?

I am also at fault for being inticed by the great promotional ads about SB. Were all consumers when it comes to marketing products. You see it and you like it, you go and buy in to it.

Personally, I never got burned, but I did used to be a poor trader.

I actually agree the SB firms could do so much more to guide new clients, and said as much in my response to ESMA on proposed regulation. There's a lot of options they have open to help new traders and guide them past dangerous mistakes, and they could do these things cheaply and easily and should do so without the need for legal compulsion if they valued the long-term relationship. But, I suppose they're short-termists.

Then again, when I drive away from Majestic with another 2 dozen bottles of wine, or Sainsburys with half a dozen pork pies, they don't say to me, oh that's perhaps enough for this year don't you think? So maybe the SB firms aren't really worse than anyone else trying to make money from us.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Options vs fixed odd ommc Futures & Options 0 Feb 7, 2012 10:37pm
An Odd Book—perhaps! subarashi Educational Resources 0 Feb 14, 2010 3:35am
ODD$ E-mini system chad Trading Systems 6 Mar 8, 2005 5:18pm
Odd jonnyy40 Data Feeds 1 Sep 12, 2003 8:11pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)