Odd

This is a discussion on Odd within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by tomorton The account could not in my experience ever get into the red because the SB firm ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:04pm   #25
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
The account could not in my experience ever get into the red because the SB firm would start closing trades as soon as account margin dropped below a certain %. This has happened to me, I think from memory that they started closing the oldest trades first, and continued until margin level was again adequate. Obviously, on each individual trade there is also the safety measure of the stop-loss applied by either the firm or the trader.

What is your experience with UK financial spreadbetting please?
I have no experience, training or education within the UK financial SB. I am your normal joe blog who got interested in looking at charts,patterns,waves,S/R,trendlines.

I started with countdown / sprint binary, then quickly realised this was absolute gambling.

I am the 90% (the majority of people here) but looking to increase my knowledge and skill.

Otherwise i know nothing else about FSB.
TheRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:08pm   #26
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
I have no experience, training or education within the UK financial SB. I am your normal joe blog who got interested in looking at charts,patterns,waves,S/R,trendlines.

I started with countdown / sprint binary, then quickly realised this was absolute gambling.

I am the 90% (the majority of people here) but looking to increase my knowledge and skill.

Otherwise i know nothing else about FSB.

Then FFS stop talking about what you don't know about
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: brewski1984
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:17pm   #27
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Then FFS stop talking about what you don't know about
There nothing wrong or untrue with what i've said about SB is there.

I think were going to have to agree to disagree about our views on FSB and the OP can make up his own decisions on how he wants to proceed.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:25pm   #28
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
There nothing wrong or untrue with what i've said about SB is there.

I think were going to have to agree to disagree about our views on FSB and the OP can make up his own decisions on how he wants to proceed.

That's idiotic, you can't have different "views" on matters of fact. And even if there was room for a difference in judgement or interpretation, your views have no value if you have no experience in the field in question. You're just making yourself look stupid.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:34pm   #29
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
That's idiotic, you can't have different "views" on matters of fact. And even if there was room for a difference in judgement or interpretation, your views have no value if you have no experience in the field in question. You're just making yourself look stupid.
Wow, no need to be like that.

I thought this forum was for people to come share ideas and discussion topics on trading. When i joined it didnt require experience in the field.

Whats your background then.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:39pm   #30
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by theregulator View Post
there nothing wrong or untrue with what i've said about sb..
Quote:
Originally Posted by theregulator View Post
as soon as you place a sell market order.. it stalls and shoots in the other direction. ... its like your positon acts as resistance. Its manipulated to go against you... they'll do all they can to stop you winning and get you in to margin call or bully you to closing your position..

Last edited by Kaeso; Feb 4, 2018 at 3:45pm.
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:41pm   #31
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Wow, no need to be like that.

I thought this forum was for people to come share ideas and discussion topics on trading. When i joined it didnt require experience in the field.

Whats your background then.

When you joined a year ago you asked for help and you got loads of it, from me and others, all completely respectfully and freely given. Now you're already giving out advice and warnings on something you have literally and self-admittedly no experience in.

On my experience with SB, I have had SB accounts with UK-based and regulated firms since March 2003. I have run SB's continuously since that date, I have SB'ed indices, stocks, commodities and forex, I have a 5-figure account with my preferred firm and am profitable.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:45pm   #32
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
Maybe you can explain to the OP what happened then so he is better informed.