Odd

This is a discussion on Odd within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Come to think of it I should have recommended to ESMA that they take a long hard look at increasing ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:45pm   #46
Joined Feb 2002
Come to think of it I should have recommended to ESMA that they take a long hard look at increasing the regulation of golf. This would save many people from buying expensive gear and club memberships which they then don't use, and we all know that 90% of them fail to become professional golfers.

After golf, skiing.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:51pm   #47
Joined Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
I think everyone posting here has got burned first no? No one immediately become professional and before transitioning to be profitable. Even your self I imagine. You didnt get burned ?.
Yeah Iíve had some heavy losses due to stake sizes being way too high but Iíve never lost all my money. I was just wondering how you were going to react to it?
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:54pm   #48
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
They're both used as pastimes by thousands of people, they can both be addictive, neither does anything for society as a whole, both can be very very expensive.

At least trading offers the possibility for the individual to create their own wealth. This enables them to use the money for worthy purposes in the community if they wish, it certainly means they have more to spend which enriches the economy, and it might even mean they are less likely to be a burden on state support.

Sure but that possibility exist with a minority 10%.

Imagine a heathy population taking part in golf or skiing how much that could save in the long term for the government in health care cost. Sport is great for many other benefits, health, education, well being, etc.
TheRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:00pm   #49
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
Yeah Iíve had some heavy losses due to stake sizes being way too high but Iíve never lost all my money. I was just wondering how you were going to react to it?
So youve been there and done it your self. that good.

you must have deep pockets.

I am over the fact that i lost against the markets. I am neither angry or happy about it. Its just part of the learning curve, like everyone else here no?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:20pm   #50
Joined Sep 2010
Quote:
So youve been there and done it your self. that good.

you must have deep pockets.

I am over the fact that i lost against the markets. I am neither angry or happy about it. Its just part of the learning curve, like everyone else here no?
Heavy losses is a relative term, I wish I had deep pockets.

So you now know that the markets and brokers arenít to blame
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:27pm   #51
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
Heavy losses is a relative term, I wish I had deep pockets.

So you now know that the markets and brokers arenít to blame

Not totally, I am still sticking to my post.

"The SB Provider is at fault to some extent, allowing a noobie to use high leverage"

To that end and i think this thread is now exhausted. Good luck and happy Trading All.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:40pm   #52
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Sure but that possibility exist with a minority 10%.

Imagine a heathy population taking part in golf or skiing how much that could save in the long term for the government in health care cost. Sport is great for many other benefits, health, education, well being, etc.

After skiing, noisy motor bikes.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:20pm   #53
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
..when I drive away from Majestic with another 2 dozen bottles of wine, or Sainsburys with half a dozen pork pies..
Click the image to open in full size.
Kaeso is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:26pm   #54
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Everyone has commented on brokers but not a single post about the obvious. You are just a drop of water in a very big ocean.

What is the reason you are entering the trade and what is your trade plan?

If you are entering a trade based off charts alone then ask yourself this. Can everyone else see what I am seeing without requiring a special configuration of indicators and or price structure? My point is you need to align your expectations with the way you are trading. If you want to be in a position where the trades you enter have a better chance of success then you need to operate in a framework like the professional traders.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I U FXX

Sent from my laptop using Chrome
Kaeso is online now   Reply With Quote