[LCG - London Capital Group] - CFD Trading

This is a discussion on [LCG - London Capital Group] - CFD Trading within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi everyone, Because almost all posts are old (before the "revolution" of LCG from 2016-2017), I want to ask you ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:11pm   #1
Joined Oct 2016
[LCG - London Capital Group] - CFD Trading

Hi everyone,

Because almost all posts are old (before the "revolution" of LCG from 2016-2017), I want to ask you some questions regarding this broker.

Currently, I have a (normal) CFD account (from 2014, when they were UK based company).

1. They have "moved" their bussiness in Gibraltar ... erm ... how credible is the company, now ? Because we know how many offshores and how many companies are "running" with our money in Gibraltar. Then, find them ...
And... Cyprus?! Something smells ...
London Capital Group Holdings plc (LCG Group) is a company registered in England and Wales under registered number: 05497744. LCGH plc is a member of the NEX Exchange. London Capital Group Limited (LCG) is a company registered in England and Wales under registered number: 3218125. LCG is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the company's registration number of: 182110. The registered address for LCG Group and LCG is: 77 Grosvenor Street, Mayfair, London, W1K 3JR. London Capital Group (CYPRUS?!?!?!) Limited (LCG CY) is a company registered in Cyprus under registered number: 356430. LCG CY is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (License Number:341/17). The registered address for LCG CY is: 205 Arch. Makarios Avenue III, Victory House, 5th Floor, 3030 Limassol.

The website www.lcg.com is operated by LCG. LCG and LCG (CY) are both wholly owned subsidiaries of LCG Group. LCG CY operates the website https://cy-my.lcg.com

2. The account was verified (meaning the ID + bank statement are verified). Can I encounter other problems when I withdraw? We know that a lot of brokers are trying to ... stop you: It's impossible, sorry. You haven't .... and ... and ... . Everything is ok, until they need to give you money.

3. Does the expression Losses can exceed deposits apply even for Guaranteed Stop Loss Order? In this case, the orders don't subject to gapping or slippage, so if you place a "right" GSLO you shouldn't be worry about ... any problems.

Thanks!
Rhesus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:47pm   #2
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhesus22 View Post
Hi everyone,

Because almost all posts are old (before the "revolution" of LCG from 2016-2017), I want to ask you some questions regarding this broker.

Currently, I have a (normal) CFD account (from 2014, when they were UK based company).

1. They have "moved" their bussiness in Gibraltar ... erm ... how credible is the company, now ? Because we know how many offshores and how many companies are "running" with our money in Gibraltar. Then, find them ...
London Capital Group Holdings plc (LCG Group) is a company registered in England and Wales under registered number: 05497744. LCGH plc is a member of the NEX Exchange. London Capital Group Limited (LCG) is a company registered in England and Wales under registered number: 3218125. LCG is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the company's registration number of: 182110. The registered address for LCG Group and LCG is: 77 Grosvenor Street, Mayfair, London, W1K 3JR. London Capital Group (CYPRUS?!?!?!) Limited (LCG CY) is a company registered in Cyprus under registered number: 356430. LCG CY is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (License Number:341/17). The registered address for LCG CY is: 205 Arch. Makarios Avenue III, Victory House, 5th Floor, 3030 Limassol.

The website www.lcg.com is operated by LCG. LCG and LCG (CY) are both wholly owned subsidiaries of LCG Group. LCG CY operates the website https://cy-my.lcg.com

2. The account was verified (meaning the ID + bank statement are verified). Can I encounter other problems when I withdraw? We know that a lot of brokers are trying to ... stop you: It's impossible, sorry. You haven't .... and ... and ... . Everything is ok, until they need to give you money.

3. Does the expression Losses can exceed deposits apply even for Guaranteed Stop Loss Order? In this case, the orders don't subject to gapping or slippage, so if you place a "right" GSLO you shouldn't be worry about ... any problems.

Thanks!
I don't know what you are worried about

they are based in the UK anyway
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Rhesus22 , tomorton
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:55pm   #3
Joined Oct 2016
Rhesus22 started this thread They have moved their business in Gibraltar ... and this is a little strange ....
Rhesus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:47pm   #4
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
They have moved their business in Gibraltar ... and this is a little strange ....
where does it say that?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:36pm   #5
Joined Feb 2002
I have withdrawn cash from LCG with no issues.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:40pm   #6
Joined Feb 2002
Guaranteed SL orders are guaranteed to be honoured at the price you specify. But if you don't use a GSL, it is possible that losses can exceed your deposit. But this is unlikely to happen as the company would normally close your positions when your losses exceed your margin. They may or may not contact you to suggest an additional deposit, they don't have to.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:01am   #7
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
A couple of comments that I can offer.

1)Jurisdiction can become important when it comes to legal dispute because it can determine who has legal oversight.
2)Guaranteed stop may be excluded under a force majeure clause. There are usually escape clauses. You should read the fine print.

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:49am   #8
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
A couple of comments that I can offer.

1)Jurisdiction can become important when it comes to legal dispute because it can determine who has legal oversight.
2)Guaranteed stop may be excluded under a force majeure clause. There are usually escape clauses. You should read the fine print.
hi brumby im interested to know what broker/s you're using if you don't mind sharing? I currently use Interactive Broker and City Index for spread bet