NinjaTrader... Yay or nay?

This is a discussion on NinjaTrader... Yay or nay? within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Hey folks, My current spread betting broker has put me over the edge, so it's time for me to move ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:39pm   #1
Joined Sep 2017
NinjaTrader... Yay or nay?

Hey folks,
My current spread betting broker has put me over the edge, so it's time for me to move on. I would like to move away from spread betting and into Futures.

A "Sales Associate" from NinjaTrader got back to me again today after speaking with them about 2 months ago (I had told them I needed some time to learn the ropes before I could even consider committing to them).

Since his timing was perfect, I am considering NinjaTrader as my Futures broker. So any input/opinions would be appreciated.
Perhaps you would recommend another broker to me?

I have attached a screenshot of NinjaTraders advertised commission rates.
The guy would contacted me reckons " We are generally quite a bit less expensive as far as our per contract cost"

Do you know a Futures broker (no market makers) who is cheaper and has a minimum deposit of say...€1000 or so

I am limited in my available capital, so I will likely be in the 95c per contract category
Attached Thumbnails
ninjatrader.png   costs.png   license-comparrison.png  

ninja-costs.png   ninja-costs-2.png  
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.

Last edited by Nowler; Jan 10, 2018 at 11:24pm. Reason: Added pic of leasing costs
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:58pm   #2

Joined May 2014
Unless you can code (or seriously wish to learn programming) I'm not sure NT as a. Brokerage is anything special.
What exactly do you mean by your current broker putting you over the edge...?
f2calv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:32pm   #3
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2calv View Post
Unless you can code (or seriously wish to learn programming) I'm not sure NT as a. Brokerage is anything special.
Thanks for the input mate.
I do actually intend to learn programming (Python) at some point, but, that will be a while away yet. So NT gets bonus points because of it's programming facilities?

Does it lose points in any area?
Are you using them yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2calv View Post
Ah I am being a bit dramatic.
They are annoying me due to settings on my platform disappearing every 2 months or so. It's kind of annoying having to reset them, and it's a bit concerning that they cannot sort this out but yet are able to flawlessly manage my money?

Their Autochartist feature has been screwy for me for a while without being fixed and their speed at responding to issues is slow. Apart from their low min. deposit, there are no above average aspects.
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:41pm   #4
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread Also,
NinjaTrader are passing my trades right to the exchange, right?
No market making shenanigans?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:51pm   #5
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread NOTE: I have updated my first post with two addition screenshots of cost breakdown
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:05pm   #6
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Hey folks,
My current spread betting broker has put me over the edge, so it's time for me to move on. I would like to move away from spread betting and into Futures.

A "Sales Associate" from NinjaTrader got back to me again today after speaking with them about 2 months ago (I had told them I needed some time to learn the ropes before I could even consider committing to them).

Since his timing was perfect, I am considering NinjaTrader as my Futures broker. So any input/opinions would be appreciated.
Perhaps you would recommend another broker to me?

I have attached a screenshot of NinjaTraders advertised commission rates.
The guy would contacted me reckons " We are generally quite a bit less expensive as far as our per contract cost"

Do you know a Futures broker (no market makers) who is cheaper and has a minimum deposit of say...€1000 or so

I am limited in my available capital, so I will likely be in the 95c per contract category
do you know the minimum position sizes of the futures contracts you want to trade? futures is a big jump in size from your micro isn't it?
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:09pm   #7
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
do you know the minimum position sizes of the futures contracts you want to trade? futures is a big jump in size from your micro isn't it?
Huge jump!

I would actually like a bit of help working this out, if someone wants to help.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:13pm   #8
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread As per this on their site, I can get a contract for 6.25?
Attached Thumbnails
contract-size.png  
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:18pm   #9
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread Actually...NinjaTrader is American...
Wont I get screwed on the Pattern Day Trade Rule?
25k min account
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:34pm   #10
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
As per this on their site, I can get a contract for 6.25?
No thats the minimum tick increment, the min position on EUR futures is 125000 EUR

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/fx/g...fications.html
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:38pm   #11
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
No thats the minimum tick increment, the min position on EUR futures is 125000 EUR

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/fx/g...fications.html
What

How does it work with FX pairs?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:52pm   #12
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
What

How does it work with FX pairs?
i think you can find brokers who do micro and nano lots, im not sure though cos i haven't tried it
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:04am   #13
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread May I should go with CFD's as opposed to Futures?
I just want to try something else other than spread betting

I need to familiarise myself with the difference between SB and CFD's... as far as I can see, they are very similar
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:10am   #14
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
May I should go with CFD's as opposed to Futures?
I just want to try something else other than spread betting

I need to familiarise myself with the difference between SB and CFD's... as far as I can see, they are very similar
sorry i didnt know there is a micro contract so not as bad, minimum 12500 EUR

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/fx/e...fications.html
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:11am   #15

Joined Feb 2012
what s/b broker are you with atm nowler ?
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote