NinjaTrader... Yay or nay?

This is a discussion on NinjaTrader... Yay or nay? within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by mike. what s/b broker are you with atm nowler ? Hi Mike, 0anda is my SB broker...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:14am   #16
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike. View Post
what s/b broker are you with atm nowler ?
Hi Mike,

0anda is my SB broker
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:17am   #17

Joined Feb 2012
have you tried out the usual suspects platforms on demo, I.G . fxpro etc...with ig you can s/b and cfd on the same account, also buy and sell shares..

just a thought.
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:23am   #18
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike. View Post
have you tried out the usual suspects platforms on demo, I.G . fxpro etc...with ig you can s/b and cfd on the same account, also buy and sell shares..

just a thought.
Yeah, I have noticed IG.
I actually get free access to "trader training" from Bizintra if I open an account with IG...

My understanding of other types of trading outside of SB is very low. I just assumed that Futures or Options would be the next step outside of SB, but perhaps CFD's direct to the exchange might be a good next step.

I want to move away from market maker trading, but at the same time, my capital is low
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:47am   #19

Joined May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Yeah, I have noticed IG.
I actually get free access to "trader training" from Bizintra if I open an account with IG...

My understanding of other types of trading outside of SB is very low. I just assumed that Futures or Options would be the next step outside of SB, but perhaps CFD's direct to the exchange might be a good next step.

I want to move away from market maker trading, but at the same time, my capital is low
SB & CFD at a market-maker style of broker (such as IG) are identical in every way - it's only your personal tax liabilities which change.

If you are based in the UK it makes sense to trade CFDs for the first ~£10k of profit as that is your personal capital gains allowance.
- If you lose money at the end of the year you can carry forward that loss to the next year to offset against future profits (given that most traders lose this makes a lot of sense)
- If you make more than the ~£10k threshold in the tax year you can just switch to SB for the rest of the tax year.
And repeat.

Sure the interface might look a tiny bit different, i.e. SB is £/€/$ per point and CFD will be a £/€/$ mini or normal sized contract but it's the same.

I have used Interactive Brokers for CFD trading of indexes and their commissions were less than IG's spreads... only downside is that its a very technical/complicated platform to get your head around. Oh avoid IG for options, absolutely appalling spreads.

With IB you can also do futures/options, but they changed the rules a bit a year or two ago on minimum account size for Forex, might be just US clients... so you might want to check that out first.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
f2calv is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: mike.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:27am   #20
Joined Jul 2004
Quote:
Yeah, I have noticed IG.

https://www.ig.com/uk/forex/forex-direct

https://www.ig.com/uk/l2-trading-platform

Last edited by kalott; Jan 11, 2018 at 11:48am.
kalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:09pm   #21
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread So as per Kalott's post - links

Are IG Market Makers or Direct Market Access brokers?
They say they are DMA but that when I go to place a trade, I will be trading on the underlying market- via exchange - but that they also create a CFD between IG and myself...

It's the last part that's confusing me... they are either DMA or not...

Thanks for all the input folks
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:41pm   #22
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
So as per Kalott's post - links

Are IG Market Makers or Direct Market Access brokers?
They say they are DMA but that when I go to place a trade, I will be trading on the underlying market- via exchange - but that they also create a CFD between IG and myself...

It's the last part that's confusing me... they are either DMA or not...

Thanks for all the input folks
CFD trading is normally OTC/market maker trading but with DMA CFD (or DMA SB eg prospreads) they are saying you get the price feed directly from the exchange but you are still only buying/selling a derivative of the underlying.
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:56pm   #23
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
CFD trading is normally OTC/market maker trading but with DMA CFD (or DMA SB eg prospreads) they are saying you get the price feed directly from the exchange but you are still only buying/selling a derivative of the underlying.
But does IG stand to profit from my losing trades?
I am ok with them making money off me, ie. commissions and to a lesser extent am ok with spreads, but I am certainly not happy if they were to win when I lose...them seeing my orders/stops would be unacceptable to me
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:19pm   #24
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
But does IG stand to profit from my losing trades?

"When you place your order we take a parallel position in the underlying market"

this implies that they don't simply "profit when you lose" like they can with a normal CFD/SB
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:19pm   #25
Joined Jul 2008
I'm also interested in experiences with NT Brokerage.
JohnnyForex is offline   Reply With Quote