Recommend a broker

This is a discussion on Recommend a broker within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Hello, I am planning to invest in shares with small amounts in regular intervals. Most of the brokers charge for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:03am   #1

2 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Question Recommend a broker

Hello,

I am planning to invest in shares with small amounts in regular intervals. Most of the brokers charge for each transaction around 12.50GBP.
I would like to know if there are stockbrokers with reduced brokerage charges for investors like me (other than Halifax)?
levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:14am   #2

Joined Sep 2005
Hoodless Brennan online £7 per trade.
Jack o'Clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:51am   #3
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by levin
Hello,

I am planning to invest in shares with small amounts in regular intervals. Most of the brokers charge for each transaction around 12.50GBP.
I would like to know if there are stockbrokers with reduced brokerage charges for investors like me (other than Halifax)?
It is really amazing that it is that expensive buy stocks in England. In Sweden it cost 0.74 pound per transaction. Have you considered spread betting, both Worldspreads and Capitalspreads do offer a wide range of stocks, that might be a cheaper alternative. Of course if you are after small cap stocks you have to look elsewhere.
gle101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:52am   #4

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101
It is really amazing that it is that expensive buy stocks in England. In Sweden it cost 0.74 pound per transaction. Have you considered spread betting, both Worldspreads and Capitalspreads do offer a wide range of stocks, that might be a cheaper alternative. Of course if you are after small cap stocks you have to look elsewhere.
GLE101, is this true about brokerage costs in Sweden?

In Australia it's about 12 GBP, 1 way, direct market access (not CFD).
theasxgorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:41am   #5
Joined Feb 2007
what about these both?

http://www.scottrade.com/

https://us.etrade.com/e/t/home
jong52yuara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 9:21am   #6

6 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
What's the name of your Swedish broker gle101 ?

Thanks
lyesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2008, 8:49pm   #7

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
I use Pritchard Stockbrokers, who are excellent. They are a large independent firm who have been around for 30 odd years. They offer the usual services, execution only/advisory/discretionary but the service is excellent and friendly. Their charges are pretty standard within the industry but they are more expensive than the online trading firms. However if you are like me then you will like the fact of having your own personal stockbroker at the end of the telephone with a wealth of knowledge and tools at their disposal to help advise you and also help you with problems you may have with holdings. I would recommend them as their advice on stocks and helping me with tax problems has been top rate.

The number for Pritchard is 01159 597 937 ask for Greig Townsend.
GBarry1949 is offline   Reply With Quote