IB Front end?

This is a discussion on IB Front end? within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Can one of the many wise folk well-acquainted with IB's TWS and its various idiosyncrasies please recommend a front end ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:43pm   #1
Joined Jun 2003
IB Front end?

Can one of the many wise folk well-acquainted with IB's TWS and its various idiosyncrasies please recommend a front end application for those of us for whom TWS presents a frightening array of buttons, bells and whistles. The simpler the better! I hear T-sim is okay but I understand there are others like Bracket Trader. What do members recommend? Thanks in anticipation.
Sean
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:50pm   #2

Joined Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancass
Can one of the many wise folk well-acquainted with IB's TWS and its various idiosyncrasies please recommend a front end application for those of us for whom TWS presents a frightening array of buttons, bells and whistles. The simpler the better! I hear T-sim is okay but I understand there are others like Bracket Trader. What do members recommend? Thanks in anticipation.
Sean
I've tried 'em all and you should do the same.

The most comprehensive by far is buttontrader and has many excellent features for those trading spot FX and currency futures side by side. But it costs - a monthly subscription.

Bracket trader is good too as is TSim.

Suck 'em and see.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:53pm   #3
Joined Jun 2003
seancass started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by rols
I've tried 'em all and you should do the same.

The most comprehensive by far is buttontrader and has many excellent features for those trading spot FX and currency futures side by side. But it costs - a monthly subscription.

Bracket trader is good too as is TSim.

Suck 'em and see.
Thanks for that.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 4:19pm   #4
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Sean

Seancass

For your reference Interactive Brokers trading platforms are completely scalable. That is, you can minimise the features you wish to use or see at anytime. In addition to our flagship Trader Workstation, we support a Web Trader trading platform that has limited features and is accessible behind a firewall.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 6:21pm   #5
Joined Mar 2006
Can you link buttontrader to Excel? I've tried IB's own Excel API on the demo and it's awful. Can anyone recommend a good front end to link to Excel?
notouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 10:08pm   #6
Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Sean
Tsim+ is both excellent and free.

Look no further.
LevII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:48pm   #7

Joined Mar 2003
Visiontrader with IB

Here is another front end for IB and other brokers. Visiontrader, it is free.

With VT you can:Quickly assess if it's a buyer's or seller's market , Confidently determine your course of action, Easily configure your orders with preset profit and protection targets.

http://www.esignal.com/visiontrader/

Chuck
Chuck_T is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote