Tickmil (Armada) ... anyone have experience with this broker ?

This is a discussion on Tickmil (Armada) ... anyone have experience with this broker ? within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by billyjean I do some research upon oil price lately, and build an automatic system upon it. lately ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:11pm   #33
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjean View Post
I do some research upon oil price lately, and build an automatic system upon it.
lately I use broker with #CL symbol, and it's always changing traded symbol each month, for example #CLK5 for curent month oil traded. while on my tickmill platform it use WTI, and dont change for each months. I use to trade EU mostly with them, and my ea also run well with them. since they offer a more competitive spread I'd like to try these new method with their platform. but first I need to clarify what the difference upon these two, the CL and WTI (I believe it's not their spread though). I simply use london-us market session break out strategy for a moment, fully technical type so I dont had a clear clue with it come to fundamental news, or political situation. I just aim for medium average pips gain anyway .
Yeah, seems we are from different trader camps But nevertheless Tickmill is good to try Oil, though it's recently introduced I think they tested it enough to offer us, BTW what's your average lot size you plan to use in your system?
hatemypips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:36pm   #34
Joined Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemypips View Post
Yeah, seems we are from different trader camps But nevertheless Tickmill is good to try Oil, though it's recently introduced I think they tested it enough to offer us, BTW what's your average lot size you plan to use in your system?
no problem, difference never mean cannot collaborate . actually it's a good chance for me to ask many thing related to oil price behaviour. my current information are mostly based on historical chart, backtest result. any information upon their best time to trade, any month or day should I avoid to trade with them, or perhaps any special occasion where most trader dont put trade with them, if any.
yeah they doing good to put oil price available to trade. well, actually with their 0.4 pips spread on Oil price, are match requirement my current trading system (works best with below 1 pips trading instrument). regarding lot size, I will go with common set up, 3-4% risk per trade, predefined SL.
check your pm, sent my skype ID so we can discuss the detailed information, and will let you had the ft link.
billyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:39pm   #35
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
no problem, difference never mean cannot collaborate . actually it's a good chance for me to ask many thing related to oil price behaviour. my current information are mostly based on historical chart, backtest result. any information upon their best time to trade, any month or day should I avoid to trade with them, or perhaps any special occasion where most trader dont put trade with them, if any.
yeah they doing good to put oil price available to trade. well, actually with their 0.4 pips spread on Oil price, are match requirement my current trading system (works best with below 1 pips trading instrument). regarding lot size, I will go with common set up, 3-4% risk per trade, predefined SL.
check your pm, sent my skype ID so we can discuss the detailed information, and will let you had the ft link.
I always thought that it's impossible to predict market by it's history, but recently found a concept called "efficient market hypotesis" by Eugene F. Fama, which turned over my mind completely regarding historical analysis. Sure oil market is no exception and building forecasts on its historical data is also possible.
How deep is your touch in history data? 6 months, 1 year? or more?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:01pm   #36
Joined Oct 2014
Quote:
I always thought that it's impossible to predict market by it's history, but recently found a concept called "efficient market hypotesis" by Eugene F. Fama, which turned over my mind completely regarding historical analysis. Sure oil market is no exception and building forecasts on its historical data is also possible.
How deep is your touch in history data? 6 months, 1 year? or more?
each trader who's been long enough with the market would fully agree with that.
the main problem with the market price are, prediction. I do mean these are the real problem of any single trader ( including me ). all of us try to predict, that's when problem comes, no one would ever accurately the market, due market are contain of many people, instituonal traders, bankers, and so on.
in short, market only talk to it self, but good news is market never lies .
it applied to any trading instrument, oil are no exception. my historical data are not much really, 1 year historical data stored. but that's not the issue, I'm not trying to predict the market based on their past performance. my method much more simple, instead of predict, i intend to react to market movement.
and here's my current method apply with EURUSD pair, and next trading day will attach with Tickmill WTI chart since it has similar low spread to EU price.
Click the image to open in full size.
Thanks! The following members like this post: hatemypips
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:28am   #37
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
each trader who's been long enough with the market would fully agree with that.
the main problem with the market price are, prediction. I do mean these are the real problem of any single trader ( including me ). all of us try to predict, that's when problem comes, no one would ever accurately the market, due market are contain of many people, instituonal traders, bankers, and so on.
in short, market only talk to it self, but good news is market never lies .
it applied to any trading instrument, oil are no exception. my historical data are not much really, 1 year historical data stored. but that's not the issue, I'm not trying to predict the market based on their past performance. my method much more simple, instead of predict, i intend to react to market movement.
and here's my current method apply with EURUSD pair, and next trading day will attach with Tickmill WTI chart since it has similar low spread to EU price.
Looks like something "Martingalish"? Am I wrong?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:20am   #38

Joined Jan 2015
WebMoney is now available for deposit/withdraw operations.
Tickmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:46pm   #39
Joined Oct 2014
Quote:
Looks like something "Martingalish"? Am I wrong?
been long time since use such method, but these are not. use breakout trading method, with fixed lot size, predefined stop loss, and trail stop as exit system.
here's current chartspace with WTI price, just realize their WTI lot size are quite different. 1 lot at WTI are equal to 0.01 lot size while traded normal currencies.
simple method , see the red box, and you'll figure out what kind of trading system it is.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:11pm   #40
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
been long time since use such method, but these are not. use breakout trading method, with fixed lot size, predefined stop loss, and trail stop as exit system.
here's current chartspace with WTI price, just realize their WTI lot size are quite different. 1 lot at WTI are equal to 0.01 lot size while traded normal currencies.
simple method , see the red box, and you'll figure out what kind of trading system it is.
not quite aware about the exit plan, but never thought breakout system would given any good result, on Oil price are no exception. it's a common use trading method, unless you're willing to share more detail information upon these method .
are these manually trade or automatic one ? as long as it's not martingalish one I'd gladly to give it a try.