Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Thanks a lot GC1, I will try that. It is a bit slow, but when placing the stop order speed ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 4, 2009, 9:54am   #1276

Joined Dec 2008
Thanks a lot GC1,
I will try that. It is a bit slow, but when placing the stop order speed is not that critical.
Will let you know if it works.
I believe the stop distance can be configurated for each simbol (which can be very useful), I will try to figure out what the 1.000 away means
viclondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:27pm   #1277

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
I am interested in opening an account with IB and have already submitted the online application. However, I have some questions about the requested document. I sent an inquiry using the online form and also created a "WebTicket", but I have not received any response for almost 2 weeks now. It certainly doesn't make a good first impression toward IB. Does anyone find it troublesome to contact them when having trade problems?

I will leave my questions here in case someone at IB is more willing to answer them here. I would be thankful if anyone who has been in similar situation helps answer some of them.

- I need to submit a proof of address. However, all my documents are in Thai language as I am living in Thailand. Do I need to make a translated copy? If so, what is the procedure for the translation? If I have my bank in Thailand issue an English statement, would it be acceptable?
- The online page shows that I should submit the W-8 Addendum. Do I need one? If so, where can I get the form?
- Can I make a wire transfer to/from a bank account not in my name? What about ACH?
- Would there be a problem if I delete and re-create the funding instruction for the initial deposit?
xorzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2009, 6:03am   #1278

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Hello
I want to buy and sell options on the London and German Stock Markets - please tell me what market datafeed I need to subscribe too.

Any does anyone know where I can see Option Chains for these markets like the one on the morningstar site? e.g.
DE: Deere & Company Options - Morningstar

Thankyou!

Thanks
Shazam75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2009, 8:14am   #1279

Joined Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam75 View Post
Hello
I want to buy and sell options on the London and German Stock Markets - please tell me what market datafeed I need to subscribe too.

Any does anyone know where I can see Option Chains for these markets like the one on the morningstar site? e.g.
DE: Deere & Company Options - Morningstar

Thankyou!

Thanks
either Euronext/Liffe equity derivatives and Eurex equity derivatives... check the relevant websites for volume figures for what it is you want to trade and go with whoever does the most business...
MrMiyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:27pm   #1280
Joined Mar 2008
Hello. I can't trade TF contracts (e-mini Rusell 2000). I don't get data from IB. I folow the same steps as to trade YM, NQ or ES, but I never get TF data. Do you know of any reason why this could be so? Thanks.
Benedetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 7:05am   #1281
Joined Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedetti View Post
Hello. I can't trade TF contracts (e-mini Rusell 2000). I don't get data from IB. I folow the same steps as to trade YM, NQ or ES, but I never get TF data. Do you know of any reason why this could be so? Thanks.

You have to subscribe to InterContinental and New York Board of Trade (1 USD a month) in Account Management on IB web site.
Zito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 12:38pm   #1282
Joined Mar 2008
Thanks very much. I wasn't thorough enough when I checked my subscriptions.
Benedetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 5:00pm   #1283
Joined Jan 2006
Dear Customer

Please contact our helpdesk for further support. We are unsure what is the problem, but if you contact our helpdesk we look forward to assisting you.

Thank you for your patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedetti View Post
Old Mar 24, 2009, 9:44pm   #1284
Joined Sep 2007
To InteractiveBrokers:

CME Group to Launch Forex E-Micro Contracts

The E-Micro are however not tradavle; I see bid/ask but when trying to trade, I don't get margin information and the report is refused.

I tyhink there is no reason to block these cash settled contracts for your customers.

These micro futures are a great tool to make some money, but also to limit the risk.

Can you look into thise contracts?

Check out my trading blog with successes and failures in trading.
wmbelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 9:56pm   #1285
Joined Sep 2007
Double post

Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:38pm   #1286

Joined Sep 2003
Thats got to be high on IB's list of things to provide. They're 1/10th the size of standard contracts so they cut nicely into forex territory ... thanks for the heads up wmbelg.
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2009, 5:31am   #1287
Joined Sep 2007
There are now also mini VIX contracts (symbol VM).

Multiplier 100.

So one VM is now around 4000$ compared to 40000$ for the regurlar contract.

By the way: VM is already trdable.

Old Mar 25, 2009, 5:48am   #1288

Joined Sep 2003
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...9/03-06-09.php

" New Products and Exchanges
We are pleased to announce the following additions to our offerings:

* The CFTC has recently approved the trading of Mini Hang Seng Index futures (MHI), Mini Hang Seng China Enterprises Index futures (MCH) and Korean Kospi 200 Futures by US residents, and Interactive Brokers is now making this product available to its US customers.
* Futures and options trading on the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) is now available for residents of India.
* IB customers can now access several European stock exchanges, including NASDAQ OMX Europe CH (NUROCH) in Switzerland, NASDAQ OMX Europe DE (NURODE) in Germany, and NASDAQ OMX Euronext (NUROEN) in France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
* The addition of Dreyfus no-load mutual funds for trading via the TWS. Watch for the addition of Janus and State Street funds early this Spring.
* Trading of the new Globex Micro FX Futures on six US currency pairs will be available at the end of March."
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Trader333
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:20pm   #1289
Joined Sep 2007
The Micro futures are from today tradable with my IB account.

Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:48pm   #1290

Joined Dec 2003
Are there many users that have linked up IB with Ninjatrader?
Just wondered what your experiences were?
samuelhogg is offline   Reply With Quote