Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; You can contact our London office at tel 44 207 776 7801 and someone will help you....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 13, 2006, 8:57pm   #498
Joined Jan 2006
You can contact our London office at tel 44 207 776 7801 and someone will help you.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:03pm   #499
Joined Dec 2006
TO Interactive Brokers

Could you please comment the next:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton
Cabum

You will need to discuss with them, in any case, your proposal to trade on behalf of others in the light of their note, also on the permissions page:

"Potential Registration Requirements. Persons providing investment advice for others or managing securities accounts for others may need to register as either an "Investment Advisor" under the Investment Advisors Act of 1940 or as a "Broker" or "Dealer" under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such activities may also trigger state registration requirements"

You may need to set up an advisors account rather than an individual account.

Charlton.
My question is if I open a firm (outside of the US), in which several people invest their money for trading. Then I open an Institution single account with your firm on behalf of my firm. Any investor's money questions are settleted inside of the firm. Do I need to have any licenses/certificates to trade from this firm's account?
Thanks
cabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2006, 8:19pm   #500

6 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
To Interactive Brokers

I trade STIR Calendar Spreads on LIFFE through X-Trade software. Recently I have checked IB commission fees and I am trying figure out how the fees are constructed for calendar spread and outright. Does calendar spread is treated as two outrights or just one from commission point of view?

Regards
Erik75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 4:04pm   #501

2 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
My question is directed to Interactive Brokers:

Is there any advantage to closing non-base currency positions once a trade is closed?
klkimbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2006, 3:33pm   #502
Joined Nov 2000
perhaps the wrong day to ask this.. but

is it possible to place an order to be triggered only after x minutes after the Open. If I want to place an order before going to work, I risk buying and being stopped out in the wild swings in the first minute or so. Hence my question.. can I place a market order to be activated after, say, 5 minutes from the Open.

many thanks..
Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2006, 6:41pm   #503
Joined Jan 2006
Cigar

Interactive Brokers supports over 40 FREE order types. For example, Good After Time (GAT) http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...p?ib_entity=uk that should meet your needs.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 6:43pm   #504
Joined Jan 2006
Interactive Brokers wishes everyone Happy Holidays!
Further we wish all of you much success in 2007 with your trading!!!

Last edited by Interactive Brokers; Dec 29, 2006 at 1:50pm.
Interactive Brokers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote