Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; What will be a normal size of your trades? It is hard to beat IB if you are going over ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:38pm   #711
Joined Dec 2003
What will be a normal size of your trades? It is hard to beat IB if you are going over 100K.
idetkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 3:33pm   #712
Joined Aug 2007
I trade 200k - 2m and sometimes like to scalp the market. Does Interbank execute spot fx quickly or is there a delay?
DMFXTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 1:31pm   #713

Joined Jul 2006
Opening an account

Question for a friend of mine who wishes to open an IB account.

Are there any other requirements other than age (21) and the minimum initial deposit of 5000 USD (or equivalent)?

I mean does one need to have x amounts of market experience of a proof of fixed annual income? That was not the case at the time I opened an account, but I've been hearing rumors about more stringent rules? Could someone please clarify this, or someone who recently applied or is in the process of applying for an account?

For instance, a college/graduate student who wants to try trading options for a couple of months won't be allowed?
firewalker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 1:58pm   #714

Joined Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactive Brokers View Post
It is not possible to suspend your account if you will be inactive for a long period. Thus you will have to close and reopen an account later on.
If you are inactive for a "long" period but leave money in your account nothing happens right? If you withdraw all the money from your account then it will be closed automatically I think. If I'm reading this correctly, you won't be able to reopen it later on but have to apply again manually (and go through the whole process all over again)?
firewalker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 9:47am   #715
Joined Jan 2003
Nzd Usd

Hi,
I have a couple of IB accounts , I would like to be able to trade the Nzd/Usd cross , have IB any plans to add this pair ?

Thanks
Ian
ianp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 1:50pm   #716

Joined Jul 2003
If you can make it into London,IB do very good presentations on how to use the platform it does way more than anyone knows! Have a look at their website for education,or email them -Gerry Perez is a lovely chap, and they are very helpful.
Windlesham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 5:48pm   #717
Joined Dec 2003
DMFXTrader,
IB is good for scalping and it is indifferent to your style because it takes commissions for trades and do not make markets.
idetkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 5:59pm   #718
Joined Aug 2007
Thanks for the info idetkov - do you use IB to scalp spot forex?
DMFXTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 10:29pm   #719

2 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
IB and large Volume

hi

ive been trading with IB for around 12 months on the YM future. ive slowing been building my bank and now trading at 50 contracts round trip.

The question I have is does anyone trade large volume and have problems getting filled on all contracts? if so, what do you do to solve this problem?

thanks

d
david786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 10:50pm   #720
Joined Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by david786 View Post
hi

ive been trading with IB for around 12 months on the YM future. ive slowing been building my bank and now trading at 50 contracts round trip.

The question I have is does anyone trade large volume and have problems getting filled on all contracts? if so, what do you do to solve this problem?

thanks

d
i think the easy answer to your question would be trade the $10 future instead of the e mini ym. allways the dow big$25, allthough i havnt watched it for volume or spread.
dcarrigan is offline   Reply With Quote