Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; any idea when trading in ECBOT grain options will be up and running? thanks...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:08am   #407
Joined Apr 2005
any idea when trading in ECBOT grain options will be up and running?
thanks
jhaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:58pm   #408
Joined Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactive Brokers
As a matter of security, we do not comment about our network configuration on a public forum. If you are a client contact the technical helpdesk for assistance.
I certainly don't want details of your network configuration, I just want to know whether my orders would go to the UK or the US, fairly innocuous information I would have thought. I'm not yet a client but this is one thing I'll be taking into account when deciding whether or not to open an IB account.
notouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 8:46am   #409

Joined Mar 2006
Sim Mode

I have recently opened an account with IB and need to establish if TWS has a simulation mode. Please advise.
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 8:55am   #410

Joined Sep 2005
Yes it does - they'll email you details when your funds have cleared in your account. If not, chase them up for it.
Jack o'Clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 1:53pm   #411

8 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Can somebody please tell me the IB symbol for FTSE cash? I've searched many times on the symbol lookup...

Also, can an IB representative tell me if I need UK stocks trading permissions to receive this index, and Tick-LSE, Trin-LSE.

I've just subscribed to LSE non-pro level one for £10 per month to receive this data, it seems strange I may have to wait for two days to get it when I have no interest in trading stocks.

Thanks for any help, I would have gone direct with these queries, but the ticket system is down and chat help is not working for me.
sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 2:33pm   #412

8 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Forget that, I'm getting tick and trin now. Still can't find lse ftse cash, anybody?
sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 7:32pm   #413

Joined Nov 2003
IB Papertrading

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung
I have recently opened an account with IB and need to establish if TWS has a simulation mode. Please advise.
myoung

You need to open a Paper Trading account as per the instructions on the following link:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...p?ib_entity=uk

As Jack O'Clubs said you will not be able to access this until your main account is approved and funded. The reason is that it inherits the same attributes as the main trading account including access to all of the market data, which in many cases is chargeable.

However in the meantime if you want to get used to TWS etc they also have a demo account:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...p?ib_entity=uk

You can practice on 15 minute delayed data, but it might not include the particular markets you are interested in

Charlton
Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote