Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Does Interactive Brokers charting allow for lower indicators overlayed on price chart? Currently, I am using Prophet for my charting, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:18pm   #33
Joined Dec 2004
IB and chart overlays

Does Interactive Brokers charting allow for lower indicators overlayed on price chart? Currently, I am using Prophet for my charting, and Ameritrade for broker, but I am planning to trade e-minis. Few too platforms allow for overlays of stochastics, for ex,, onto price---including Prophet----but the system I am trading requires that.

thanx
Ron
ronfalcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:39pm   #34
Joined Jan 2006
Ronfalcone:

Interactive Brokers charting package supports:

1. You can chart two or more assets on the same chart for comparison;
2. You can trade directly from a real-time chart using ChartTrader;
3. You can reuse the layout of a favorite chart, including the time period, what to show and how to show parameters, by saving the chart as a template and then reapplying the template to other contracts;
4. You can elect to view the Time & Sales for any underlying;
5. You can add trendlines;
6. You can add various studies to your charts, e.g., simple moving average, weighted moving average, exponential moving average, Envelope Indicator, Bollinger Bands , Parabolic SAR Indicator, Relative Strength Indicator, MACD Indicator, ADX/DMI Indicator, Stochastic Oscillator Indicator, On Balance Volume Indicator, Rate of Change Indicator, Momentum Indicator, Average True Range Indicator, Williams Oscillator Indicator, Ultimate Oscillator Indicator,
7. You can you view bar or candlesticks;
8. And there is no extra fee to receive the above benefits.
Interactive Brokers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:44pm   #35
Joined Dec 2004
re:Interactive Charts

forgive my persistence, but I didn't see a specific answer to my question in the previous post.

My original question was: can I OVERLAY stochastics on the price chart itself---as opposed to in a lower pane? Or any indicator for that matter?

And now while I've got you're attention, a second question: how far back does historic intraday data go for review and backtesting of e-minis---particularly the dow e-mini contract?

Regards,
Ron
ronfalcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:04pm   #36
Joined Jan 2006
Graphic of E-mini Chart (i.e., Max period 1 month and Schostastic at bottom soley)

IB
Attached Thumbnails
answer-post-jan-25-2006.jpg  
Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:33am   #37
def
Joined Feb 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfalcone
forgive my persistence, but I didn't see a specific answer to my question in the previous post.

My original question was: can I OVERLAY stochastics on the price chart itself---as opposed to in a lower pane? Or any indicator for that matter?

And now while I've got you're attention, a second question: how far back does historic intraday data go for review and backtesting of e-minis---particularly the dow e-mini contract?

Regards,
Ron
As shown the IB charts do support what you are looking for. If they don't, there are a number of other 3rd party programs, including quotetracker, esginal, and sierra charts, that work well with the IB API and data.
def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:02pm   #38
Joined Aug 2004
IB account cost to consider when comparing Brokers

This is a reply from another IB thread that was closed and referred here(see http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/13982-interactive-brokers.html) .

This reply is to the following by "idetkov"
{Which broker gives you 4% for the whole balance of $10,000 and do not charge a software fee? It is true that account of this size or close is relatively expensive on IB. It does not cancel the fact that IB provides excellent interest rates if you compare to others. Also, which broker pays you good interest on money received from short sales and not charges you for these sales? If you want to compare, let's compare with concrete numbers from the other side. IB is a business but not charity.}

>Which broker gives you 4% for the whole balance of $10,000<
See Fidelity current yield on cash reserves is presently 4.02%.
http://personal.fidelity.com/product...html?316067107
Etrade and Schwab also have similar rates and automatic fund sweeps.

Software fees are optional with Fidelity and Schwab. But they should be a consideration in broker comparisons depending on your needs.

>Also, which broker pays you good interest on money received from short sales <

Optionsexpress is an example of a broker that will credit your balance with the proceeds from short sales.

>It is true that account of this size or close is relatively expensive on IB.<
I don't think it mattters the size of the account. IB does not pay interest on the first $10,000 ; thus this is a cost to consider with an IB account.

Hope this helps,

urep
urep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:29pm   #39

9 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Interactive brokers and OTCBB

Do IB allow online trades for OTCBB stock, I'm not having any luck with any of the companies that I am interested in.
teamwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 11:03am   #40
Joined Jan 2006
Teamwin:

We offer access to over 3,295 OTCBB shares. Please refer to our contract database located within our website for more particulars
http://www.interactivebrokers.co.uk/...ex.php?site=IB