Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Your original question related to using NT with IB. There is no free stripped version for use with the IB ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:18am   #1433

Joined Dec 2003
Your original question related to using NT with IB.

There is no free stripped version for use with the IB account, is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hughes View Post
No, there is a stripped down version called NT Direct available through some brokers, which is free and can be used for live trades.
samuelhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:27pm   #1434
Joined Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelhogg View Post
Your original question related to using NT with IB.

There is no free stripped version for use with the IB account, is there?
That's what I've been trying to find out. You can get it through a couple of others, but IB don't seem too friendly with the Ninja people.
Jack Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:49pm   #1435

Joined Dec 2003
I only have free licence at the moment and using it with the IB data but plan to subscribe at the end of the month.
samuelhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:35pm   #1436
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo2 View Post
Can I get then quotes history for charts?
Not through the CTCI gateway, only through TWS.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 7:17am   #1437
Joined Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactive Brokers View Post
Not through the CTCI gateway, only through TWS.
When will you ever offer a platform thats is easy to use? Your platform is one of the most cumbersome I have ever come across. I am trading mainly forex.
PipStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:02pm   #1438
Joined Sep 2009
I would like to trade major currecies on a good platform that have no technical problems, and with an ECN broker (and some commodities too)?
tomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 5:19pm   #1439
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipStar View Post
When will you ever offer a platform thats is easy to use? Your platform is one of the most cumbersome I have ever come across. I am trading mainly forex.
Dear Pip Star

We appreciate that users of our Trader Workstation (TWS) have unique needs. Hence, we have developed our TWS to offer our users a customizable work space so the user can make use of the best tools (e.g., FX Trader, Chart Trader, and etc) we offer to enhance thier trading experience.

For example, our FX Trader allows the user (but not limited) to customize a cell(s) that allow the user just to point click and trade. In addition, the user can view realtime P&L, positions and etc. Further in the background you can make use of our other trading tools. View the following links for more details.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...?ib_entity=llc

http://individuals.interactivebroker...e_fxtrader.htm
Old Oct 18, 2009, 7:26pm   #1440
Joined Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactive Brokers View Post
Dear Pip Star

We appreciate that users of our Trader Workstation (TWS) have unique needs. Hence, we have developed our TWS to offer our users a customizable work space so the user can make use of the best tools (e.g., FX Trader, Chart Trader, and etc) we offer to enhance thier trading experience.

For example, our FX Trader allows the user (but not limited) to customize a cell(s) that allow the user just to point click and trade. In addition, the user can view realtime P&L, positions and etc. Further in the background you can make use of our other trading tools. View the following links for more details.

That may be true, but as Pip Star says, the platform is so off-putting that you must lose lots of potential customers (and I'm one of them). IMO the same goes for the web site, which is a complete mess, especially the way it goes round in circles between the .co.uk and .com versions, then often takes you to a dead end, by which time you're still none the wiser.
Jack Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote