Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; IB, I have just made an API conection with TWS in an attempt to start automated trading, only to find ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:04pm   #1791
Joined Nov 2009
Re: Interactive Brokers

IB,

I have just made an API conection with TWS in an attempt to start automated trading, only to find that you have an Auto Logoff Timer that close the TWS once a day.

All I need is the ability to trade around the clock. I don't likethat I need to start the TWS again and again at the same time everyday to get everything work. It would mean I have to wait in front of the computer or else the trading strategies would be less profitable.

Is there anyway to stop the Auto Logoff? Or anyway for auto restart is this is inevitable?
uhomeuhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:02am   #1792

3 Posts
Joined May 2011

Hello IB and IB users..

Is there a way to create the parent order and the stop order together (via a DOM or somewhere that i dont have to key in the numbers..) so that they sit on IB's server at the same time? Either through TWS or 3rd party platform?
Enteaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:47am   #1793

3 Posts
Joined May 2011

Hello IB and IB users.. again..
For initial account funding, is it a must to transfer the 10K lump sum at one go?
Enteaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:47am   #1794
D70
Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enteaq View Post
Hello IB and IB users.. again..
For initial account funding, is it a must to transfer the 10K lump sum at one go?
No.
D70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:11am   #1795
Joined Jan 2012

Can I participate in opening auctions on European exchanges using IB?

When I trade US stocks I simply choose “OPG” under “Time in Force” in order to participate in the opening auction.

That feature is not available for the European exchanges.

For the European exchanges:
1) If I put in my order before the opening acution, will the order automatically be included in the opening auction or
2) Is it not possible to participate in the opening auctions on the European exchanges?

Thank you.

Maverick
Maverick2608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:42pm   #1796

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2012

Thinking of opening an IB account, is it possible to get a streaming feed of multiple prices to excel from which i can decide to trade and then send the order via excel to trade?
tactic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:55pm   #1797

4 Posts
Joined Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhomeuhome View Post
IB,

I have just made an API conection with TWS in an attempt to start automated trading, only to find that you have an Auto Logoff Timer that close the TWS once a day.

All I need is the ability to trade around the clock. I don't likethat I need to start the TWS again and again at the same time everyday to get everything work. It would mean I have to wait in front of the computer or else the trading strategies would be less profitable.

Is there anyway to stop the Auto Logoff? Or anyway for auto restart is this is inevitable?
you could try to connect via IB gateway instead of TWS
markus1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:43pm   #1798

3 Posts
Joined Aug 2011

Hello
I'm looking for a professional platform for trading stocks, forex, ... and also cheap.
I think with Interactive Brokers I found what I needed. But I have some questions.
I will start with some simple questions.

How much is the minimum start deposit in € to trade stocks (CFD's ?) ?
How much is the minimum start deposit in € to trade forex ?
Will there be problems with opening an account from Belgium, Europe (where I live)?
I don't really understand the extra costs other than the spread, please explain.

Kind regards
Joaquimvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:54pm   #1799
Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1000 View Post
you could try to connect via IB gateway instead of TWS
Thanks for the info, is there any change required to connect thru IB gateway? The reference guide seems to talk about connecting thru TWS, not much is mentioned abt IB gateway.
uhomeuhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:25am   #1800
Joined Mar 2012

I've heard that IB manipulates the margins of naked options positions. Can anybody confirm that? I believe IB is owned my Timberhill which is an options market maker, so IB has conflict of interest with the clients whos main strategy is to write naked options.
Pnty is offline   Reply With Quote