Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; I doubt it`s a good idea as you, your ex and your account would be in the very same jurisdiction. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 26, 2011, 4:16pm   #1771
Joined Jun 2003
Re: Interactive Brokers

I doubt it`s a good idea as you, your ex and your account would be in the very same jurisdiction. This might be one of the rare cases where I would consider whexpert of Luxemburg for futures and stocks, Ducaskopy or Saxo of CH for forex. If you are of the bolt kind you might like Singapore of Cyprus ideal broker locations (but not introducing parties of UK bucket shops).

Regards
Hittfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:52am   #1772

Joined May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex View Post
I am living in the UK unfortunately and looking for an offshore brokerage. The reason for this is that if I make any money my ex-wife (the chip in her head blew 2 years ago now she is always http://static2.trade2win.com/boards/..._new/icon8.gif) and her expensive lawyers will want to take a cut. I therefore reckon if I open an account offshore she will not be able to find out about it. However I notice that IB has a London office and transfers are to a London bank. So would an IB account be based outside of the UK and could my ex wife find out about it?
I bet she will.After all, lawyers live (basically) from what they take from other people.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:08am   #1773

1 Posts
Joined Nov 2011

Does IB have any plans to add more mutual funds? At last count Interactive Brokers have less than 1000. (For comparison, most other US brokers have at least 5000 different choices of mutual funds.)

Last edited by Chipper6; Dec 1, 2011 at 5:44am.
Chipper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:58pm   #1774

Joined Dec 2011

Warning: This may be an extremely newb question.

My question is about the IB simulator. I read on the site that it uses live data from a week ago. So by my reckoning today's simulator data would be the actual data from Monday November 28th. When I look at the chart for a particular stock, say GRPN. The chart in the IB simulator shows wild fluctuation between $13.00 and $20.00. Obviously this looks like a killing field to me.

When I look at charts from Google or Scottrade, they tell a completely different story. Why the big difference?
Attached Thumbnails
google-chart-vs-ib-chart.jpg  
babymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:10pm   #1775

Joined Apr 2003

Could someone provide me with a link to the bank account details for IB UK - I opened my account with a shares transfer and now want to transfer some cash. The IB website makes reference to ACH transfers etc, but I am led to believe should be able to transfer cash using normal internet banking if given IB's account number, sort code etc ?
theknifemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2011, 4:21pm   #1776
gc1
Joined Jun 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknifemac View Post
Could someone provide me with a link to the bank account details for IB UK - I opened my account with a shares transfer and now want to transfer some cash. The IB website makes reference to ACH transfers etc, but I am led to believe should be able to transfer cash using normal internet banking if given IB's account number, sort code etc ?
From memory I think you have to log-in to the account management page, go to funds management, deposit funds, and after you have filled in the information it tells you the bank account to send it to. That will be a London bank with a UK sort code if the deposit currency is GBP.
gc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2011, 4:26pm   #1777

Joined Apr 2003

Ahhh ok thanks for that makes sense !
theknifemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:23am   #1778
Joined May 2005

I have been trying to close one of my IB accounts for over 12 months. I ring up and they say there is nothing in the account, but it still stays open. I see some small virtual positions, there and I am assuming that's the problem. What gives. My reaction is now to close my other IB accounts and go elsewhere
maxwellreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:27am   #1779
Joined May 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellreid View Post
I have been trying to close one of my IB accounts for over 12 months. I ring up and they say there is nothing in the account, but it still stays open. I see some small virtual positions, there and I am assuming that's the problem. What gives. My reaction is now to close my other IB accounts and go elsewhere
It turns out it is the compliance review. I have done all the steps. They must only meet every month/quarter (on my second close request, it's been 4 weeks). IB is the hardest account I have ever had to close
maxwellreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:02am   #1780

3 Posts
Joined May 2011

just tried TWS demo to trade ES.. why are the commissions 2.40 USD per contract per side ? is this the actual fee or its just some setting on the demo version?

thanks in advance!
Enteaq is offline   Reply With Quote