Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; It's a shame I have to use an earlier version with NinjaTrader and I only have a Windows Mobile phone!...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 14, 2009, 9:50am   #1417

Joined Dec 2003
It's a shame I have to use an earlier version with NinjaTrader and I only have a Windows Mobile phone!
samuelhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:07pm   #1418
Joined Jan 2006
Did you know...

Traders' University offers a series of FREE Flash based courses designed to provide basic trading product knowledge. Unlike traditionally static book or seminar based trading courses, our courses are interactive and allow you to see first hand how your inputs affect the outputs. We encourage you to dive in and play, as that is the best way to learn the theory behind trading products.

In addition to our Flash based courses we offer downloadable Widget and Gadget Trading Tools that you can add to your desktop. Novice and experienced traders alike should feel free to download our free desktop applications and use them to help evaluate your everyday trading.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...&ib_entity=llc
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:14pm   #1419

4 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Interactive Brokers,

If I could connect with you through CTCI FIX instead of TWS API - will I have the same functionality and prices?
Largo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:35pm   #1420
Joined Jan 2006
The IBGateway client allows for FIX CTCI connections to IB over the Internet. It is a piece of software that acts as a bridge between your FIX engine and IB. The software can also be used in place of TWS to deliver market data, using the same protocols as the Trader Workstation APIs. In this scenario, you do not need to have TWS running to get API market data. IBGateway Software and the Users' Guide can be found by clicking the buttons at the bottom of the page. To find the Request Market Data API method click here.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...e&ib_entity=uk
Interactive Brokers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:41pm   #1421

Joined Feb 2009
Hello Interactive Brokers,

On your "new accounts" page, this is written: "Customers who wish to trade on behalf of their children are encouraged to open a Friends & Family Advisor Account with a Trust client account for each child".

Are there any regulations about who or how someone can open an account? Is there a minimum age for the child? Can a parent open an account with little or no trading experience? Who is taxed on winnings (hopefully not losses!), the child or the Trustee? Could I perhaps see a contract please?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read.
HawkTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:17pm   #1422
Joined Jan 2006
Customers who wish to trade on behalf of their children are encouraged to open a Friends & Family Advisor Account with a Trust client account for each child". The aforementioned refers to our US clients and/or trusts.

Although if you call our London office we will see if we can accomodate your particular child trust tel 020 7 776 7801.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTrader View Post
Hello Interactive Brokers,

On your "new accounts" page, this is written: "Customers who wish to trade on behalf of their children are encouraged to open a Friends & Family Advisor Account with a Trust client account for each child".

Are there any regulations about who or how someone can open an account? Is there a minimum age for the child? Can a parent open an account with little or no trading experience? Who is taxed on winnings (hopefully not losses!), the child or the Trustee? Could I perhaps see a contract please?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:48pm   #1423

4 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactive Brokers View Post
The IBGateway client allows for FIX CTCI connections to IB over the Internet. It is a piece of software that acts as a bridge between your FIX engine and IB. The software can also be used in place of TWS to deliver market data, using the same protocols as the Trader Workstation APIs. In this scenario, you do not need to have TWS running to get API market data. IBGateway Software and the Users' Guide can be found by clicking the buttons at the bottom of the page. To find the Request Market Data API method click here.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...e&ib_entity=uk
Can I get then quotes history for charts?
Largo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 4:52pm   #1424
Joined Aug 2009
While you're around, IB, can the basic (free) version of Ninja be used to trade live through your system, or is there an alternative for trading directly from charts?
Jack Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote