Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Dear Mr. Leon Michael Respectfully, I reaffirm we do not support the three symbols you are inquiring about. We only ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:24pm   #1751
Joined Jan 2006
Re: Interactive Brokers

Dear Mr. Leon Michael

Respectfully, I reaffirm we do not support the three symbols you are inquiring about. We only support the FTSE 100, 250, and 350 shares and some select shares on SETS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon michael View Post
Interactive Brokers, please answer my very straightforward question posted yesterday about the availability of trading three particular LSE SETS shares on a cash DMA basis.

I'm finding it incredibly frustrating getting an answer to this, having phoned and messaged IB directly, in addition to posting on this dedicated thread. Interestingly, iDealing (who, having no phone number, would appear more difficult to communicate with) have replied with long and detailed emails to this very query within a couple of hours.

This is something so basic to ascertain that anyone signed up could answer it for me. IB has come back to answer Yusaf, who posted after me, pretty quickly, but ignored my query. If the answer is "no, it can't be done on IB", then please just say it so I can move on!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:29pm   #1752
Joined Jan 2006

Dear

Prospective client:

Answers to your questions -

1. Refer to out website for details about our Cash and Margin account. Terms and conditions apply.

2. We do not support all of the low cap stocks in Japan. Please refer to our contract database in our website for more details.

3. You can only hold electronic certificates with IB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcninvest View Post
I am interested in a broker for international equities. (I'm a buy/hold type investor)

With IB-
Should i use a cash account for international equities or reg margin a/c?
Can i purchase Japanese small caps?
Can i hold the stock certificates myself or is it only a nominee system

Thanks

Last edited by Interactive Brokers; Sep 8, 2011 at 7:12am.
Interactive Brokers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:31pm   #1753
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkith View Post
Hi, after I deposit 10000USD, I started to trade. My question is: how much balance in my account does it need to keep my account active? (I may loose, or may withdraw)

To Trade a margin account you must maintain at least USD 2,000 or non-USD equivalent.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:33pm   #1754
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellreid View Post
I have been trying to close the first account for a long time now, including ringing IB. I was told to rationalise the Alpine Devices. However, this is proving a problem, witness no responses to this problem
If you are having a problem closing an account contact our help desk or send in a ticket with our web ticketing system.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:39pm   #1755
Joined Jan 2006

[QUOTE=Interactive Brokers;1667270]Dear Mr. Leon Michael

Update...we have now added Mere and IERE to our UK product list. The third symbol is being investigated, to add.

Last edited by Interactive Brokers; Sep 7, 2011 at 3:41pm. Reason: Update
Interactive Brokers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:29pm   #1756

5 Posts
Joined Feb 2008

Your first reply today confirmed that MERE & IERE were not tradeable via cash DMA. On reading that I opened an acount with iDealing. Now it seems you do offer these stocks. Could you please confirm the amount possible to post to the order book for MERE & IERE - is it unlimited, or a factor of the shares' EMS.

I may now end up opening an account with you too, comparing you to iDealing, and then closing one down. Any relevant points of comparison between iDealing & IB would help in this regard.

Thanks,

Leon
leon michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:41pm   #1757
Joined Jan 2006

Dear Sir

You can buy as many shares in our cash account contingent you have enough cash to cover the purchase.

We denote all of our services, terms and etc., on our website for you to transparently compare us to our competition.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 2:54am   #1758

1 Posts
Joined Sep 2011

Hi, would anyone verify if this example correctly illustrates Soft Edge Margining (SEM)? The IB website states that SEM allows a Margin Deficit (MD) to be within 10% (read: <= 10%) of Net Liquidation Value (NLV). However, I can't find a definition of what "Margin Deficit" means anywhere.

Let's say you have $10,000 and want to use full 4:1 margin and buy $40,000 of a security. NLV = $10,000, MM = $10,000, Excess Liquidity (EL) is now $0 (EL = NLV - MM).

Some scenarios (assume all action occurs intraday):

The security drops 1%. This is a 4% loss in NLV, which is now $9,600. MM = $9,900. Liquidation will occur with an MD of $960.
Guess 1: MD = (NLV - original MM) = $9,600 - $10,000 = -$400, therefore MD = $400. No liquidation
Guess 2: MD = (NLV - new MM) = $9,600 - $9,900, therefore MD = $300. No liquidation.

The security drops 2.5%. This is a 10% loss in NLV, which is now $9,000. MM = $9750. Liquidation occurs with an MD of $900.
Guess 1: MD = (NLV - original MM) = $9,000 - $10,000, therefore MD = $1,000. Liquidation.
Guess 2: MD = (NLV - new MM) = $9,000 - $9,750, therefore MD = $750. No liquidation.

Is either of these scenarios right? If not, can anyone provide an example?

Thanks for the help.
ewyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:25am   #1759

6 Posts
Joined Jul 2011

Thanks for the reply interactive brokers.
Yusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:47am   #1760
Joined Jul 2010

i would like gold trading broker.....
itmtrading is offline   Reply With Quote