Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; I have done my homework and that's what alerted me to the fact there are problems!...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:45am   #1226
Joined Jun 2004
I have done my homework and that's what alerted me to the fact there are problems!
bikhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2009, 8:18am   #1227

Joined Sep 2003
I am thus pleased that you won't be creating any extra workload for IB's customer service. Better they focus on the rest of us for now. Enjoy SelfTrade.
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:08pm   #1228
Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikhod View Post
What I really want to know is this: as a UK customer, what level of protection will I have? In this current credit crunch anything could and can happen and I don't want to see my money dissapear.

Please keep replies relevant.
All the information you need is just one click away from the "individuals" home page http://individuals.interactivebroker...?ib_entity=llc
goodtyneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2009, 8:10pm   #1229
Joined Jun 2004
What a helpful comment! Get a life.
Thanks! The following members like this post: johnlvs2run
Old Jan 23, 2009, 8:11pm   #1230
Joined Jun 2004
And thanks to goodyneguy for your helpful contribution.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 8:21pm   #1231
Joined Jun 2004
I am a member of AAII (American Association of Individual Investors). Some of you may be interested to know that in their 2008 survey of brokers, they had a total of 20 IB respondants, and 70% said they were very satisied, 10% dissatisfied. Not bad, though sample size is unfortunately too small. Having said that, most AAII members are investors and not traders. I am somewhere in the middle: I speculate on the intermediate trends of ETFs i.e. weeks to 2-3 months.

FYI Scottrade, Fidelity, and TD Ameritrade had respondants in triple digits however ...
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:15pm   #1232

Joined Sep 2003
Because most Interactive Brokers Customers are real traders ... not buy and cry'ers.

And it should stay that way. The brokers you mention are in the "first broker I tried", easy to use, and inadequate for high frequency traders category. So, lets get back on topic. I would encourage bikhod to stick with his AAII membership and his investor orientated brokers and stay away from IB.

Now, bikhod, go away and leave this thread for questions about IB.
nine is offline   Reply With Quote