Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; I'm looking at IB as well - not very clear for GB sign ups....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 27, 2011, 2:46am   #1671
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Interactive Brokers

I'm looking at IB as well - not very clear for GB sign ups.
goldmember1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 2:59am   #1672
def
Joined Feb 2003

I think you're reading too much into it. Of course you need to contact your bank to do the wire.

The way it works is that you go to account mgmt where the wire info is provided. You enter the deposit notification on the IB side so they can electronically match the incoming fund when they arrive. At some point during this process you have to contact you bank or provide them with your instructions to initiate the wire. How else could they send the funds?
def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:04am   #1673
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Def...This gripe is against IB not you. The above does not answer my question!

IB if you are reading this:-
What? So I make my payment online which should then be automatic....then I have to contact my bank? What nonsense!

So "online payments" are filed under "wire"?

It is so easy to fund every other broker why are you so crap?
I foud this difficult too and I used to work for a bank, the US terminology doesn't quite fit with UK banking terms. I simply used my online banking to send a payment to the sort code and account quoted on the instruction from the account management response on the IB site, when I "registered" my payment. Tried it first with a small amount and checked it hit my IB account ok.
Andyclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:54am   #1674
Joined Mar 2011

Does anybody know whether the deposit you give can be used for trading - a note comes up that the deposit is seperate from my trading account
goldmember1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:02pm   #1675

5 Posts
Joined May 2010

Does anyone know is IB consider as direct market access?
royconago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 9:33pm   #1676
Joined Dec 2010

Hi,
I have some questions,I'm canadian and want to open a futures account.

1) Whats the requirements for opening a futures account for a canadian?
2) What are the fees for CME data or NYMEX data? Do I get it waived with +30$ per month?
3) What happen if I forget the end of contract? Will they liquidate my order or roll it over for the next month?

Thank you
Pavlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:15pm   #1677
def
Joined Feb 2003

IB is direct market access.

All the questions are on the web site. This is from the home page. Ditto for the Canadian questions. All the info is under fees and minimums. The US CME data is free if you do over $30 per month in commissions. Future contracts mostly expire to cash. There is no auto rollover.

from the home page:
Successful traders and investors understand that superior technology and low trading costs hold the keys to greater returns. Our clients benefit from IB's worldwide direct market access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds and funds, best price execution1, and low commissions. Interactive Brokers Group and its affiliates' equity capital exceeds $4 billion.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/ibg/main.php
def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:04pm   #1678

Joined Dec 2010

what's the difference between bundled & unbundled under commissions??

Many thankyou

Pedro
Tantalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:17am   #1679

5 Posts
Joined May 2010

Hi

Can someone advice what is the commission from IB for the following products (assuming its a flat rate scheme)

financial futures
6A (AUD, CME Globex Electronic Markets)
6C (Cad, CME Globex Electronic Markets)
6E (Euro, CME Globex Electronic Markets)
6J ((Jap Yen, CME Globex Electronic Markets)

thanks
royconago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:45am   #1680
Joined Sep 2009

just to reiterate my experience with IB and transferring funds.

I setup my account in USD so had to transfer to their US bank. I regularly transfer money overseas so used my currency broker to transfer after my paperwork (ID, utlitlity bill etc.) was approved, took about a day to transfer.

No issues at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyclockwise View Post
I foud this difficult too and I used to work for a bank, the US terminology doesn't quite fit with UK banking terms. I simply used my online banking to send a payment to the sort code and account quoted on the instruction from the account management response on the IB site, when I "registered" my payment. Tried it first with a small amount and checked it hit my IB account ok.
gktk is offline   Reply With Quote