Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi, I don't know whether this is a reasonable place in which to raise this query but here goes. I'm ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:24pm   #1170

Joined Feb 2004
Hi,
I don't know whether this is a reasonable place in which to raise this query but here goes.

I'm experimenting with ETF strategies in order to diversify away from futures. I've been looking at IB's S&P ETF's, specifically beta ETF's. I've found a candidate ETF (RSU) witha beta of 2.0 but I think that's too high for the strategy I'm considering. Can anyone point me towards an IB tradeable ETF with a beta closer to 1.5?

Thx
D
fundjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2008, 4:57pm   #1171
Joined Jan 2008
Hi all,

This maybe a dumb question but as i understand it interactive brokers european account holders have their accounts held by citigroup gmbh.
Worrying about a black swan type incident,if citi went bust or insolvent or whatever, what happens to your IB trading account funds held by citigroup?

Thanks
cando22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 2:32am   #1172
Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
I have not used my IB account in a long time and I am unable to access it, now. There is an error between my user name and password, although I was reasonably sure that it is correct. Any attempt to communicate with them on my part requires this combination so its like hitting a stone wall. They tell me that there is no correlation between username, password or email address so do not want to know me.

I am hoping that an IB official reads this post and will help me out.

Split
Gleaned from a post in Jan. 2006 in this thread "For other general inquires, our London office is 020 7 776 7800."
goodtyneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 2:45am   #1173
def
Joined Feb 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by cando22 View Post
Hi all,

This maybe a dumb question but as i understand it interactive brokers european account holders have their accounts held by citigroup gmbh.
Worrying about a black swan type incident,if citi went bust or insolvent or whatever, what happens to your IB trading account funds held by citigroup?

Thanks
Your funds may be wired into Citigroup but that doesn't mean they remain there. IB distributes client funds amongst a number of banks to limit exposure. More info can be found here on the safety of funds:
http://individuals.interactivebroker...?ib_entity=llc

specifically:
"Additionally, we limit customer exposure through the following credit policies:

Keeping investments in highly liquid, short-term instruments.
Distributing client funds among a variety of banks and counterparties to avoid concentrated exposure to any single counterparty.
Rigorous analysis by our Credit Committee of Counterparty Financial Conditions as well as review of risk factors prior to permitting investment activity with or via any counterparty.
"
def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 4:03pm   #1174
Joined Jun 2008
SIPP Administrator/Trustee to work with IB

Mr Perez or def,

1) Could you kindly provide us with a list of SIPP administrators/trustees that you work with.

2) Has IB any plans to become an ISA plan manager i.e offer a stocks and shares ISA account. I feel sure if you did you would absolutely "clean up" in this lucrative market.(Maybe one or two other members would like to express their interest in this)?

Thanks
goodtyneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 10:44pm   #1175

5 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Dear IB and anyone elso who wants to contribute.

I use TWS and I know how to place bracket orders related to an entry ORDER.

I would like to know if it is possible to add bracket orders related to an existing POSITION?

I'm especially interested to know if this is possible in the Book-Trader module.

Thank you!
carl_sweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 12:38am   #1176
Joined Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbelg View Post
Lumber traders where are Thou?

Don't miss your profits on the lumber market, vote on the InteractiveBrokers ebsite.

Still nobody has voted my poll. Aren't there really no lumber lovers, i mean traders?
wmbelg is offline   Reply With Quote