Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by firewalker99 Remove the program from the start-up menu? One step closer to operational excellence Thanks...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 1, 2008, 1:18pm   #1161

Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewalker99 View Post
Remove the program from the start-up menu?
One step closer to operational excellence

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2008, 11:18pm   #1162
Joined Sep 2007
Is there nobody interested in lumber.

Volumes on the electronic exhange are already relatively high, but we as InteractiBrokers clients can't trade them.

Lumber ytraders please vote: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...l.php?sid=4279

1$ per vote!!!
wmbelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 10:46am   #1163
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Is there nobody interested in lumber
Obviously not and you are the only person I have come across who wants to trade this. If there are not enough people trading it then IB wont list it but I wish you good luck.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2008, 3:23pm   #1164
Joined Feb 2007
Any one use IB to write covered call in U.K.? And do you think their platform is good for it.
kensfishbar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 3:03am   #1165

2 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Hi, I wish to ask a few questions about IB, sorry if they have been asked before but 146 pages a tad long for me to read it all.

I am Uk based and wish to do various things, listed below, trading short term, medium and long.

a, may I purchase USA & Uk shares with IB and retain the shares long term including recieving dividends that come with the company? if so how would that work? I wish to be non leveraged on these purchases. For my long term portfolio.

b, May I have a non-leveraged account and only trade with the cash that is in the IB account? and then also have a leveraged account seperate from the non-leveraged account as mentioned above.

c, Can I lose more than my deposited cash with IB in a volitile market. To what extent will my liabilitees be?

Last edited by Mmops; Nov 5, 2008 at 3:09am.
Mmops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:53pm   #1166
Joined Feb 2007
Hi,

Can someone from IB please tell me how much commission will it cost me to sell 10 contracts of call option in QQQQ including buying back the 10 contracts as well (round trip).

Thanks.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:55pm   #1167
Joined Feb 2007
Forget to say that I have the same 1000 QQQQ for more than 6 years. It means the "selling call" is covered without the need buying the stock in terms of calculating commissions.

Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:52am   #1168
Joined Nov 2001
I have not used my IB account in a long time and I am unable to access it, now. There is an error between my user name and password, although I was reasonably sure that it is correct. Any attempt to communicate with them on my part requires this combination so its like hitting a stone wall. They tell me that there is no correlation between username, password or email address so do not want to know me.

I am hoping that an IB official reads this post and will help me out.

Split
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote