SIPP Product at Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on SIPP Product at Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Well that does sound good. Personally I am going to wait until after A Day before I move anywhere. There ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 25, 2006, 12:40am   #41
Joined Jan 2006
Well that does sound good. Personally I am going to wait until after A Day before I move anywhere. There are still quite a few things to be clarified about the new regime.

Good luck with your SIPP.
Mattybuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2008, 11:14pm   #42
Joined Jun 2008
Did IB get around to offering a SIPP product and if so which trustees and adminstrators are they happy to work with?

Thanks
goodtyneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 3:34pm   #43
Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtyneguy View Post
Did IB get around to offering a SIPP product and if so which trustees and adminstrators are they happy to work with?

Thanks
I noticed that IPM was mentioned earlier in the thread, they are expensive for anyone just wanting a brokerage account in their sipp. Anyone know of a more cost effective administrator/trustee?

Last edited by goodtyneguy; Nov 15, 2008 at 3:43pm.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 12:37pm   #44
Joined Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtyneguy View Post
I noticed that IPM was mentioned earlier in the thread, they are expensive for anyone just wanting a brokerage account in their sipp. Anyone know of a more cost effective administrator/trustee?
SippDealXtra are by far the cheapest trustees I have found. I use them with IG.
theoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:16pm   #45
Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoracle View Post
SippDealXtra are by far the cheapest trustees I have found. I use them with IG.
Yes, I think they are the cheapest the only problem for me is that they don't allow the holding of physical gold which is a place I'd like to park some cash. By physical gold I mean held in secure storage by goldmoney.com, gold is allowable in SIPPs as long as one does n't take delivery.

This from a representative on the IB thread:

Quote:
IB is currently designing a SIPP account structure. We are in discussions with several SIPP administrators who will manage the accounts. Until the account is available, and the negotiations have been finalized, it would be inappropriate to discuss which specific administrators will work with us.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brok...okers-149.html
Old May 29, 2009, 2:37am   #46

5 Posts
Joined May 2009
Is IB ever going to be able to offer brokerage services within a SIPP account? this thread started in 2005 and since then they are claiming they are investigating and seriously considering opening such a structure. Notwithstanding what seems an overwhelming majority of people willing to sign up they still have not managed to get a SIPP service going.

Does anyone know whether there is hope for them to offer such a service? I can understand there is a lot of investigation to do but 4 years seems like they have no interest in offering a SIPP service...

Any guidance on this woudl be greatly appreciated.
Also, if anyone else has found I solutions for this, pls let me know: basically, I would like to trade stock and index options via a SIPP account. Is there any SIPP-linked brokerage firm that offers this (at competitive rates)?

Many thanks
Mac!
mac! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2009, 9:08am   #47
Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac! View Post
Is IB ever going to be able to offer brokerage services within a SIPP account? this thread started in 2005 and since then they are claiming they are investigating and seriously considering opening such a structure. Notwithstanding what seems an overwhelming majority of people willing to sign up they still have not managed to get a SIPP service going.

Does anyone know whether there is hope for them to offer such a service? I can understand there is a lot of investigation to do but 4 years seems like they have no interest in offering a SIPP service...

Any guidance on this woudl be greatly appreciated.
Also, if anyone else has found I solutions for this, pls let me know: basically, I would like to trade stock and index options via a SIPP account. Is there any SIPP-linked brokerage firm that offers this (at competitive rates)?

Many thanks
Mac!
Hi mac!,

I hope you don't mind but I've responded to your post on the Interactive Brokers thread. Officials from IB post there and it's only fair that they should see my comments.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brok...tml#post780948
Old May 29, 2009, 1:57pm   #48

5 Posts
Joined May 2009
Hi goodtyneguy,

thanks for posting my note in the right place. Look forward to receiving a reply by IB and or anyone else who has more information on IB or other providers

Mac!
mac! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2009, 2:57pm   #49
Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
Hi goodtyneguy,

thanks for posting my note in the right place. Look forward to receiving a reply by IB and or anyone else who has more information on IB or other providers

Mac!
No problem, I'm not so sure if it's the right place but at least IB will see it.

I'm still in the market for a SIPP friendly broker/administrator after being let down by IB. Fortunately my existing broker has extended its range of investments providing some extra flexibilty but still don't accommodate for what I want to do.

I have been in communication with GNItouch whom I have found extremely helpful and I'm now looking to compare them with Moneycorp whom are also contenders for my business. If you like I am prepared to give you my helpful contact at GNI, just send me a PM if you're interested.
Old May 29, 2009, 4:38pm   #50
Joined Jan 2006
We appreciate your comments and interest in considering us for a SIPP account account (which we currently do not support) and the posts requesting we do so, in this forum. We understand your anxiety that we have not delivered a SIPP account solution to-date.

But we must weigh the commercial/operational/regulatory/ and etc issues in offering a SIPP account versus our other global business initiatives.

We still hope to offer a SIPP account solution in the near future, although we do not want to create any further expectations/anxiety regarding a delivery date for a SIPP account solution. Hence, we will reserve our comments on a delivery date until a SIPP account is close to launch.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Quote:
Hi goodtyneguy,

Mac!

Last edited by Interactive Brokers; May 29, 2009 at 5:11pm.
Interactive Brokers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote