Best broker for Scalping

This is a discussion on Best broker for Scalping within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by haddoxerik FXCM...only active trader account is good for scalping FXCM? Really???...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:59pm   #9
Joined Aug 2013
Joseph Trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddoxerik View Post
FXCM...only active trader account is good for scalping
FXCM? Really???
Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:09am   #10
Joined Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Trader View Post
Are you sure about ******** ?
******** just offered FIX ACCOUNT - Fixed spread for trader. I think with that account, we can control closely our scalping trades.
bigmistake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:56pm   #11
Joined Aug 2013
Joseph Trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddoxerik View Post
FXCM...only active trader account is good for scalping
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmistake View Post
******** just offered FIX ACCOUNT - Fixed spread for trader. I think with that account, we can control closely our scalping trades.
Yeah, but you know brokers... Fixed spreads doesn't sound for me like ECN. Are you sure about that ? What if I scalp with 10 lots per trade and make appropriate profit to that lot size, I won't have problems ?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 6:20pm   #12
Joined Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Trader View Post
In your opinion which brokers are best for scalping?

Currently I use FinFx.fi and FxOpen. I am completely satisfied with both, especially with FinFx, but maybe there are some brokers that You are using and are also great.

Suggestions?

Regards,
Joseph.
Scalping is the most difficult of all trading strategies and almost everyone who tries it loses why scalping is so difficult.

But if you must scalp, get a broker that offers no-requote trading. Latency means that sometimes the price will change in the time it takes for the quote to go from your trading terminal to the exchange. When this happens there are one of two things that will happen -

1. Your order will not be filled and you will be presented with another offer/quote.
2. Your order will be filled at the best possible price.

Option 2 is far better than option 1. Especially for scalpers. best Forex broker for scalpers.
MRDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:08pm   #13
Joined Sep 2013
I used FinFX to run Forex Multivers back in 2010 before the EA died. It was an aggressive scalping EA and it worked quite well. Nowadays IC Markets has probably the best EURUSD spreads, their servers are in NY. If you prefer London, Armada Markets would be an option.
fxgermany is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 9:26pm   #14
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgermany View Post
I used FinFX to run Forex Multivers back in 2010 before the EA died. It was an aggressive scalping EA and it worked quite well. Nowadays IC Markets has probably the best EURUSD spreads, their servers are in NY. If you prefer London, Armada Markets would be an option.
I hear quite a lot last days about IC Markets. I think will give them a try. However can you suggest any other brokers? I heard that ******** is quite good as well.
Crunchy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:46am   #15
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy1 View Post
I hear quite a lot last days about IC Markets. I think will give them a try. However can you suggest any other brokers? I heard that ******** is quite good as well.
I might be biased, but in my personal opinion ******** is one of the last brokers I want to trade with - maybe except for all those shady no-name brokers that die after a year.

The simple fact that they pay one of the highest IB commissions in the industry raises a red flag for me and of course all the IBs inevitably try to increase the attention ******** gets.

With regard to other brokers, it depends on what you are aiming at. For the lowest ECN commission European based brokers Armada Markets and Admiral Markets with undiscounted $4 per round-turn lot are an option. If you want a bit more regulation then there are quite a few Australian brokers, e.g. IC Markets, Ax******* or Global Prime with undiscounted $7 per round-turn lot. As UK based and FCA (successor of the FSA) regulated brokers LMAX and Alpari UK come to mind. Most of this brokers offer standard accounts in case you don't want to pay ECN commission.
fxgermany is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:10am   #16
Joined Aug 2013
Joseph Trader started this thread Well, I traded with ********... FinFx much better.... It started to trade harder at ******** when I profited...

Regards,
Joseph.