Good UK broker?

This is a discussion on Good UK broker? within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by remme001 Calm it bootsyjam, my main point is that they don't offer spreadbet and as you even ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:31pm   #49
Joined Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by remme001 View Post
Calm it bootsyjam, my main point is that they don't offer spreadbet and as you even mentioned some instruments are indeed CFDs.
You stated this: "LMAX is a good broker for sure, shame they are CFD's only. They should offer spreadbet accounts but I'm sure they've already considered it and decided against."

They are not CFDs only. That is a completely inaccurate statement.
Stating something that is blatantly inaccurate is totally wrong and you should delete your post. Posts like that are the reason why there are so many false starts on these forums as people are posting without knowing what they are talking about.

They are a serious company who are an ECN, and as a result their core offering is fx,. They also provide offer excellent liquidity and depth of market to avoid slippage thanks to their pooling of markets via some large liquidity providers.

And yes, the indexes are cfds. And this is not their core offering.

As they are an ECN they will have no interest in being a spreadbet company as this is completely the opposite of what they provide and what they sell themselves as. The fact that you don't understand the difference speaks volumes. Although you go into a lot of detail on the company you use. Are you doing some marketing?
bootsyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:32pm   #50
Joined Feb 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsyjam View Post
You stated this: "LMAX is a good broker for sure, shame they are CFD's only. They should offer spreadbet accounts but I'm sure they've already considered it and decided against."

They are not CFDs only. That is a completely inaccurate statement.
Stating something that is blatantly inaccurate is totally wrong and you should delete your post. Posts like that are the reason why there are so many false starts on these forums as people are posting without knowing what they are talking about.

They are a serious company who are an ECN, and as a result their core offering is fx,. They also provide offer excellent liquidity and depth of market to avoid slippage thanks to their pooling of markets via some large liquidity providers.

And yes, the indexes are cfds. And this is not their core offering.

As they are an ECN they will have no interest in being a spreadbet company as this is completely the opposite of what they provide and what they sell themselves as. The fact that you don't understand the difference speaks volumes. Although you go into a lot of detail on the company you use. Are you doing some marketing?
I can't remove the all important word 'only' you're fixating on or delete the entire post you keep insisting as it's too old so you're just going to have to deal with it. Yes, it's not entirely correct, it's not just CFD's as you keep 'kindly' pointing out but you're missing the point of my post. I'm not bashing LMAX here I think they are very good but there are more tax efficient ways to trading for the retail trader.
remme001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:09am   #51

1 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Hi guys,

New to this forum but I wanted weigh in on this discussion. I have been using a brokerage called SVK Markets for a few months now and i haven't had any issues thus far. They come from an institutional background and you will notice that they have a strong emphasis on service. Lets be honest if all your looking for is tight spreads (0.5 on major fx pairs), access to 12500 securities, a good platform and great service then I would give SVK Markets a try.
moneyteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:23am   #52

Joined Mar 2004
BEWARE of ETX. They aren't accepting any email which is a bad sign !
They were given money from the Alpari (UK) collapse and ..........nothing !!