Berkeley Futures

This is a discussion on Berkeley Futures within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; I recently open an account with Berkeley futures. The reason being they are based in the UK.London.I dont like my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 21, 2005, 8:16pm   #1
Joined Sep 2005
Berkeley Futures

I recently open an account with Berkeley futures. The reason being they are based in the UK.London.I dont like my money being hold in the USA, they commission and margin are very competitive. Does anyone here trade with them and has there been any problems. For me so far so good. I had a problem with my internet connection the other day, I phoned them to get me out of my trade. and what I liked was, They answered the phone with 2 rings and I understand they have been going for 20 years.Any one on T2W trades with them
badtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 9:44pm   #2

Joined Mar 2003
they are not cheap.there are chaeper online brokers around.in fact i would say double the price of others.however,the service is good
dentist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:06pm   #3
Joined Sep 2005
badtrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentist007
they are not cheap.there are chaeper online brokers around.in fact i would say double the price of others.however,the service is good
Agree they were expensive in the past. But recently they have changed they structure to get in line with others. I pay $5 R/T to trade the Mini Dow. and Margin is only $610.

Yes, you can trade with IB for around 0.80 cenc cheaper. at around $4.20 R/T. But and its a big but. I know berkeley futures will answer the phone quickly if I have a problem.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 8:16am   #4
They are not cheap. I use to trade through them but have sinced moved. There are many other places offering better rates and solid trading platforms. The reason for the quick service is because they have lost alot of clinets over the last few years. (A friend of mine works there and he was telling me how they were going through old list of clients trying to get them back)
Old Oct 23, 2005, 2:32am   #5
Joined Sep 2005
badtrader started this thread daps

What did you trade.and how much commission was you paying with berkeley and margin?

The only reason I moved from IB was, they are slow in answering the phone, if you happen to have problems. With berkeley I am getting $5 r/t not bad. for the service I am getting.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 4:08pm   #6
Joined Sep 2005
badtrader started this thread I cant find $0.85on the net. Could you forward me, where such a deal is and does one need to trade over a few 1000s contracts a week, to get such a deal
Old Oct 23, 2005, 4:45pm   #7
Joined Sep 2005
badtrader started this thread Then again. I would rather pay a little extra to have a good service. If I can make money with a S/B trading Forex with a 3 pip spread. I can managed paying the cost of trading 1 market points, to trade the YM.with berkeley
Old Oct 23, 2005, 5:08pm   #8
Joined Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.marcus
....try $0.85 a rt for mini dow.....the deals are out there if people spend the time doin the research and find out how the whole clearing system works.look into what makes up the $5 cost you have.$0.85 a rt is out there if you want it hard enough....happy hunting.

cheers mark j
Could you give us an example?

Last edited by frugi; Oct 25, 2005 at 2:46pm. Reason: Rude, plain wrong and completely unnecessary
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:11am   #9

3 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by badtrader
I recently open an account with Berkeley futures. The reason being they are based in the UK.London.I dont like my money being hold in the USA, they commission and margin are very competitive. Does anyone here trade with them and has there been any problems. For me so far so good. I had a problem with my internet connection the other day, I phoned them to get me out of my trade. and what I liked was, They answered the phone with 2 rings and I understand they have been going for 20 years.Any one on T2W trades with them
I have been trading with Berkeley Futures now for over 3 years. They are not the cheapest for commissions but their service is excellent. I would recommend them.
robbo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 6:38pm   #10
Joined Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by daps
They are not cheap. I use to trade through them but have sinced moved. There are many other places offering better rates and solid trading platforms. The reason for the quick service is because they have lost alot of clinets over the last few years. (A friend of mine works there and he was telling me how they were going through old list of clients trying to get them back)
Although we don't put ourselves out as the cheapest broker around we will match anyone's commissions if the volume is there. We have grown our client base year on year and of course we are keen to reopen old accounts as well as gain new ones. We do operate a dealing desk so we don't restrict clients to trading on-line and are happy to provide a full telephone back up service. Over the last year we have enhanced our on-line trading platforms and now provide greater on-line capabilities than ever before. I would be delighted to talk to you about these and any of the services that we offer.

Marc Quinn (Associate Director, Berkeley Futures Ltd)
BerkeleyFutures is offline Broker   Reply With Quote