Berkeley Futures

This is a discussion on Berkeley Futures within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by BerkeleyFutures Anley, You are right to say that my answer was not clear. This is because the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:19am   #49
Joined Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkeleyFutures
Anley,

You are right to say that my answer was not clear. This is because the regulators themselves don't make it crystal clear. The best protection you have is to be treated as a private customer and it is likely that a private customer will have the greatest protection and have access to the compensation scheme.

When discussing how safe your funds are then you need to have segregation and as a private customer you will be guaranteed that. This would not necessarily be the case if you are being treated as an an intermediate customer. The other areas that you need to look at for protection is whether the company propriety trades or not which would suggest that the company's profits are affected by market movements.

This together with general management of the company ie; their margining policy and whether they insist on margin calls being met etc will provide you with a greater level of comfort.

For your interest we will treat any customer as private if they wish to be deemed as such and we do segregate all client money whether we have to or not and we don't propriety trade.

BFL

Yep, I agree with you Berks, it's not your fault it's the FSAs. They seem incapable of telling it like it is......
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 6:43am   #50
Joined Mar 2007
Hi guys

anyone got an update on bfl service ,products.execution ,prices.

I downloaded their currenex demo platform.Interested is the Ninja trader /bereley for currencies.

Anybody using them?

O D T
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tenbobtrader
Old Aug 1, 2009, 1:34pm   #51

2 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
I would be interested to know too some recent opinions on bfl service for currency trading with ninja trader. Also, one thing that is slightly worrying is that the phone support service is not 24/5 and forex works 24 hours...
challenger78 is offline   Reply With Quote