Working at BGC Partners. Need input

This is a discussion on Working at BGC Partners. Need input within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; I graduated college a little over a year ago and am currently work for Tishman Construction in NYC. My degree ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:04pm   #1

2 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Working at BGC Partners. Need input

I graduated college a little over a year ago and am currently work for Tishman Construction in NYC. My degree is in finance and I really think I want to get back into it. I spoke with a senior broker and BGC Partners and he told me he does not think it is the right place for someone to start their career. He went on to say that if you don't have a client base you will make very little and that they don't just hand out clients to workers. I know this company is very well known and seems to have a great reputation but this conversation has gotten me a little worried about pursuing and job there.

Any thoughts or opinions are very appreciated. Thank you guys.
unkledunkle123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:12pm   #2

2 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Re: Working at BGC Partners. Need input

unkledunkle123 started this thread bump nothing
unkledunkle123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:11am   #3

Joined Feb 2009
Re: Working at BGC Partners. Need input

I know a lot of people who started at BGC, straight out of school (college or even high school). It's not for everyone, which is what the senior broker was trying to communicate to you (I guess).