APW Australia Portfolio Wines

This is a discussion on APW Australia Portfolio Wines within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Welcome Stormfront, Glad to see more people finding out about this. My intention is to get more exposure so that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:57pm   #57
Joined Sep 2011
Re: APW Australia Portfolio Wines

Welcome Stormfront,

Glad to see more people finding out about this.

My intention is to get more exposure so that we find more people who are being treated this way.

Wilf.
wstaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:08pm   #58
Joined Jul 2011
cellar link

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstaton View Post
Sorry Guys,

My website is down for a rather hilarious reason. I had accidentally bought my domain name when I was logged onto one of my customers sites.

He got a call from you know who, threatened to sue him. I apologized to him and said I would get it transferred to my account as I used the same registrar. I manage his registrar account. I had come back to my PC and was still logged on and forgot I was not logged onto my account. Anyway I arranged to have it transferred to my account but found that it was going to cost me $140 to do so. Instead I decided to delete it rather than pay this. Unfortunately it is still stuck and cannot be used again until it expires.

Anyway I signed up for a new domain and transferred my blog to it. It is now

Finding Fine Wines | But Beware of Wine Investing Scams

Now about this suing. A domain name is just a pointer to a container to hold a website it is the website that situated on the host that is the culprit and the person who developed the website not theowner of the domain name.

This threatened suing is like someone owning a house and renting it and threatening to sue the owner because of something the renter did. Apart from this if I had put a page up on facebook and facebook being sued for something I put on it.

Anyway the website is back up and both the domain name and the website are mine.

I guess Eamonn Egan is now well aware of this forum so I guess he may sue Tradewinds now for all the comments placed here.

Cheers

Wilf.
wow!! eamonn egan is suing everyone for illogical reason..

btw, creating facebook page for this matter is also a good idea, like:

why won't Australian Wine Index (Singapore) try to sell my wines? | Facebook

that facebook page has a good rank too for many relevant keywords.

it will give additional publicity to cellar link
victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 6:32pm   #59

2 Posts
Joined Nov 2011

5 years ago I bought a small portfolio from APW. I fell for the sales pitch sadly. Earlier this year I wanted to sell my collection as I needed the money and that my 5 years storage would be up in December 2011. In March I sold the better part of my collection. It represented about 30% of my totally outlay. I was not entirley happy with the price but I agreed. It took four months and countless phone calls and emails before the cheque arrived.

Now I need to sell the remainder of the collection but so far I have been unable to speak or get anyone to return my calls. My 'free' storage expires next month and I will not be paying a penny more to keep my wine.

What are my options here? I feel as though I may as well just write it off and tick another box on my idiot list. I would value your opinions though.

Cheers.
KS
Kangaroostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:40pm   #60

8 Posts
Joined Nov 2011

The potential deletion of this thread is of concern too. How does one copy the entire thread offline?

Also, is the wine still in LCB's warehouse or is it one of Cellar Link'sown facilities?

Way too many unknowns for a true investment. This really is becoming an expensive and drawn out life lesson.

Good luck to all involved and thanks for the support.

Stormfront
Stormfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:48pm   #61
Joined Oct 2006

There's only 11 pages, you could print it or you could use a free web clipping service like Evernote.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:46am   #62
Joined Jul 2011
cellar link

well.. cellar link or eamonn egan, this is what can happen when you sue a public forum:

2Clix scores own goal with Whirlpool case - Communications - News - ZDNet Australia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2Clix_Software

Last edited by victorious; Nov 24, 2011 at 1:08am.
victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:31am   #63
Joined Oct 2006
Re: cellar link

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorious View Post
well.. cellar link or eamonn egan, this is what can happen when you sue a public forum:

2Clix scores own goal with Whirlpool case - Communications - News - ZDNet Australia

2Clix Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's a perfect example of what happens when you try to censor the Internet. People just get more annoyed about it and post the information more widely. Still it doesn't stop the idiots trying.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote