APW Australia Portfolio Wines

This is a discussion on APW Australia Portfolio Wines within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; thanks a lot for the warning pboyles.. actually better solution is not to pay more for this.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:02am   #36
Joined Jul 2011
Re: APW Australia Portfolio Wines

thanks a lot for the warning pboyles.. actually better solution is not to pay more for this..
victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:23pm   #37
Joined Jul 2011

This may be helpful:

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/reportascam
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:26am   #38

1 Posts
Joined Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmanlondon View Post
I first bought my wine portfolios from APW in 2005. The salesperson was and still is a good friend. He unfortunately has left Cellar Link. Anyway, I have been trying for years to sell these wines. The second portfolio I finally just shipped to myself in London. Cost a bit extra but the wine is fantastic.

Having said that, the company's business model is either to make money on storage fees, or they're just so incompetent that they didn't realise they don't have a proper distribution model. My second portfolio has been on the market since April 2009. Not a single bottle sold. But I've paid storage fees in excess of AUD2,500 so far. On a portfoio that cost only AUD4,500. I'm done with them and have just emailed them telling them I've canceled the card that they had been charging and I'm no longer paying fees. They can either sell the wine or deliver to a friend in Melbourne. They'll never see a cent from me again.
I am about to do the same thing, our case sounds exactly like yours. Can you advise what has happened once you have stopped paying?
nbce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:12am   #39
Joined Jul 2011

basically when we stop paying, cellar link should do 12.2 of their t&c:
http://www.cellarlink.com.au/comersu...Conditions.pdf

which is:
----------------------------------
12.2 In addition Cellar Link shall have a lien on all Products, any other good held in the Storage Facility on the Customer's behalf and any document relating to them for all sums payable by the Customer to Cellar Link. If any amount due and payable to Cellar Link by the Customer is not paid in full within six (6) weeks of the due date, Cellar Link may, without further notice, take any or all of the following actions: dispose of and/or sell the Products or other goods by public auction or private treaty on such terms as Cellar Link may determine. Cellar Link may also require payment of default action costs, including any cost associated with the seizure of the Customer's Products, Any excess moneys recovered by Cellar Link on disposal will be returned to the Customer.
----------------------------------

cellarlink should auction the wines with no reserve, and resolve the matter..

but that's not what people experience here.. read one of the cellar link victim's story:
http://www.cellarlinks.com.au/one-re...nvest-in-wine/

they will still charged your credit card even though you notify them not to do so.. you'll have to cancel your credit card.. they'll charge you dishonour fee.. and they'll keep on chasing you to pay..

still.. that's seems to be the only solution.. else you'll be paying the fee indefinitely.. they don't give us a sensible option to exit from their hefty fees..

i think the more people stop paying their fee, the stronger our position will be.. it will force them to auction the wines with no reserve and resolve this matter..

further more you can report cellar link here too:
https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/reportascam

the more people report the case the better..

Last edited by victorious; Nov 9, 2011 at 6:26am.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 3:51am   #40
Joined Jul 2011

Hi,

Does anyone know whether we should pay VAT or not if we just disposed the wines? How about just give away the wines to someone (or sell it to him/her at zero price), do we still have to pay VAT? How's the VAT calculated? It's the percentage of the selling price, right? So if we sell at zero price, it should be zero VAT?

.. just thinking of possible ways to exit from cellar link without any further cost. loosing so much money already for the price of the wines, and the cost involved to keep them (which could be already more than the cost of the wines themselves).. now just want to get rid of them without any further cost..

but still cellar link may charge us just to get the wines disposed

anyone interested to get cheap wines? just to cover the cost to disposed the wines and taking them out from cellar link..

thanks a lot..
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:42pm   #41
Joined Jul 2011

ouch.. so there seems to be really no way out from cellar link without any further losses, isn't there? so we also have to pay VAT even just to dispose/destroy the wines then? how about gift? any suggestion? .. we just want to exit from cellar link.. but it's just sooo expensive to exit really stuck.. can't afford to continue, can't afford to exit either..
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:52pm   #42
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorious View Post
ouch.. so there seems to be really no way out from cellar link without any further losses, isn't there? so we also have to pay VAT even just to dispose/destroy the wines then? how about gift? any suggestion? .. we just want to exit from cellar link.. but it's just sooo expensive to exit really stuck.. can't afford to continue, can't afford to exit either..
Victorious,

Are you sure that the wine even exists? Its supposed to be stored in the UK, right? What about getting someone to inspect the wine, to actually go to the location and look for it. I mean if it exists, and I'm not sure it does, then it has to be stored somewhere.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote